Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still in shock about how things did an about face so quickly and can't quite trust that my good fortune won't all disappear as fast as it appeared.

No Good Deed was free for a week. Had a ton of downloads. Yesterday it was put back at it's normal 99 cents. I thought that would be it and it would return to it's regular sales figure or even worse, since so many people had downloaded it. Don't get me wrong, after a few minutes of uncertainty when it first went free, I was happy about it because I have the second book up and I hoped it would spur sales of it, but I didn't think I'd have many buyers of NGD when all was said and done.

Well, yesterday turned that thinking inside out and backwards. Instead of dropping, sales shot through the roof...of a really tall skyscraper! I ended up going to bed around midnight and by that time, it was number 28 in the US Kindle store. Hadn't cracked the UK one at that time, but has since. Last I looked, it was around 84 there.

I'm just reeling from it all. That, and wearing my big old pudding smile.  ;D

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ToniD said:
How exciting! Assume you stayed up late celebrating.... ;)

Your book sounds like my cup of tea. I'm putting it on my TBR list.
I had a slice of pizza and a beer. We are party animals here, as you can see. ;) I was too keyed up to sleep much though. lol. Would have been better off having several beers and going to sleep.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
#19 in the US now!!!

#4 in Thrillers!!!

And it looks like Book#2 is getting a lift - in the Top 500.

Well done,

Dave

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Christopher Smith said:
Right there with you, Mary. Closing in on #1 in US and it's been #1 in the UK for one week. At what point did you change your price (on Smashwords, I assume), and how long did it take to take effect?
Congrats, Christopher! I had it free on Smashwords for a few days, then chickened out and returned it to 99 cents, however, in that time, it went to Sony and was free there as well. I don't know for how long as I didn't know about it until after the fact. (Inkmesh had it listed as free still, but it was already back to 99 cents when I looked.)

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Beth O said:
Congrats, Mary. It just goes to show you never know when your luck will change.
So true, Beth. I was having the worst month ever. I think I sold 10 books on May 25th. On the 26th, it totally turned around with this, so really, it can happen to anyone.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, Valerie. :)

@Dave--I can't believe it myself. My mom called for an update because she was going to my aunt's for dinner. I'm sure she wanted to tell her sister all about it--you know how moms are.  ;)

Thank you, Danielle!

·
Registered
78 Posts
MaryMcDonald said:
I'm still in shock about how things did an about face so quickly and can't quite trust that my good fortune won't all disappear as fast as it appeared.

No Good Deed was free for a week. Had a ton of downloads. Yesterday it was put back at it's normal 99 cents. I thought that would be it and it would return to it's regular sales figure or even worse, since so many people had downloaded it. Don't get me wrong, after a few minutes of uncertainty when it first went free, I was happy about it because I have the second book up and I hoped it would spur sales of it, but I didn't think I'd have many buyers of NGD when all was said and done.

Well, yesterday turned that thinking inside out and backwards. Instead of dropping, sales shot through the roof...of a really tall skyscraper! I ended up going to bed around midnight and by that time, it was number 28 in the US Kindle store. Hadn't cracked the UK one at that time, but has since. Last I looked, it was around 84 there.

I'm just reeling from it all. That, and wearing my big old pudding smile. ;D
Congratulations, Mary! That is just outstanding! I'd be doing a happy dance.

Are you the same Mary McDonald I've seen in the Kindle forums? I recognize you, I think.

Cheers,

Violet Yates

1 - 20 of 38 Posts