Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after much proofreading, cover-designing, proofreading, formatting, proofreading, formatting and maybe some more proofreading, my book went live this weekend (yay!)

However, I am left in a state of confusion. When it popped up as live on the KDP bookshelf, I clicked around all the reporting pages to discover what this Beige Bar of Shame was. Just because I've heard it mentioned so often.  ;)

Strangely, one of them was missing. The US store seemed to have recorded a sale. For a moment, I celebrated. Then I checked the royalties screen... which was blank. I thought for a moment that the system might have recorded the preview I downloaded just to see what it was like, but that came from the UK store.

So now I'm confused. Does it take time for sales to translate into royalties? or is that single sale just something that pops up anyway? Or am I hallucinating?

(regardless, thanks to all of you in general for being a great resource that's helped me enormously in getting this far!)

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
The number of sales per book shows up within an hour or so, throughout the day.  But the royalty screen only updates once per week, about midnight, California time.  I check it from New Zealand each Sunday evening (our time)  So, you might have to wait a week now, since it just updated last night.  But if the sales sheet shows a number . . . then congratulations.

Gordon Ryan

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gordon Ryan said:
The number of sales per book shows up within an hour or so, throughout the day. But the royalty screen only updates once per week, about midnight, California time.
Suddenly it makes sense!

dgaughran said:
It's sale.
In fact, people can buy it while it is publishing.
And that makes even more sense. I was wondering how someone managed to find it and buy it less than an hour after it had gone live...

dgaughran said:
Congrats. Nice feeling isn't it?
Yes. Yes it is.

Excuse me. I need to tether my grin to my face. It's trying to fly away by itself. ;D

Thanks to you all!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts