Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my K3 on vacation with me & must have set something heavy on it because when I tried to turn it on at home, only 1/2 screen came on. I called Amazon to get a replacement & got my new one in 2 days! Just wanted to say that I am glad I got a K3 for my birthday & I think Amazon is amazing!
Plus I got my Celtic Bold Oberon yesterday too! It was a happy day all around.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Hooray!  Yet another happy ending courtesy of Amazon's customer service.

And that sounds like a nice cover.  I found that when I got my first Kindle cover, it was almost like having a brand new device.  (One that was heftier and much more interesting to look at.) :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly! Me too. But you know what is odd? I kind of forgot how to set it up. So it was truly like starting over. And the Oberon is beautiful! And very protective. I'll try to get a photo posted.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I had kindle for two years, not a problem. Broke a screen under warranty, got a new one.  Broke a screen three days later, no longer under warranty.  Just haven't brought myself to buy another yet.  I have been getting by on my phone and ipad.  But I really prefer the kindle.  Beach trip is coming up and I am really tempted to get another.  My waterproof guardian case isn't designed for the k3, but I tried it with a friends and it sort of works.  Love sitting in a pool with the kindle floating in front of me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Amazon's customer service is second to none. I recently cracked the screen on my Kindle and within a week I had a new Kindle free. What most impressed me was Amazon's customer service system. The way you can access your account through their website, ask them to call you, and because you were logged on to your account when requesting the call they have all your account details already. The service rep was also extremely helpful and friendly. Good work Amazon!

·
Registered
701 Posts
So why would one buy a separate warranty from a third party company for their Kindle?  Amazon will ship you a replacement Kindle even when you've damaged it yourself.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for Amazon CS!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
laurie_lu said:
So why would one buy a separate warranty from a third party company for their Kindle? Amazon will ship you a replacement Kindle even when you've damaged it yourself.
I would prefer to buy a new one. I have a SquareTrade warranty. If they can fix it they will if not they will send you a check to buy new. Most of the time you get a refurbished Kindle when Amazon replaces it. Also, if you have a K2 they will replace it with a K2. Again, I would prefer to have the newer model. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts