Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes. You read that right. My brother sat on my kindle (I have a second generation one). The top portion of the screen (where you can see the book title, battery life bar, etc), is broken. I can still read the text, but the the top portion is grayed out.

I'm thinking it might be time to invest in the newer model. Do you think that the new changes that have come out since the second generation are worth the buy?

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I thought the subject line was a partial sentence that was going to end with "and now I need bail money..."

I haven't read on a K3, but holding one in Best Buy, man that lightweight felt nice in my hands. The ink seemed quite a bit crisper than the K2, as well.

Sadly, between my K2 and iPad, I cannot justify a K3...

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
My dad and grandfather have K3s, my mom and I have K2s.  I did not feel the need to upgrade, but I would not hesitate to order a K3 if my K2 broke. 
deb

·
Super Moderator
67,458 Posts
Contact Kindle Customer Support.

If it's still under warranty they might offer to replace it with a refurbished model, even though they'd not be required to since it wasn't a 'product defect'.

If it's not under warranty, they probably would not replace it, but might offer a discount on a refurbished K2 or maybe even a new K3. It's worth it to ask.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
Contact Kindle Customer Support.

If it's still under warranty they might offer to replace it with a refurbished model, even though they'd not be required to since it wasn't a 'product defect'.

If it's not under warranty, they probably would not replace it, but might offer a discount on a refurbished K2 or maybe even a new K3. It's worth it to ask.
It's definitely no longer under warranty, but maybe I can contact customer support. Thanks for the tip! :D

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
PMartelly said:
It's definitely no longer under warranty, but maybe I can contact customer support. Thanks for the tip! :D
It's definitely worth a call. They might give you a discount toward a new one.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
I agree that you should contact Customer Service.....see if they will take a slightly battered brother in trade on a new K3 ! Ha!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
If they don't replace it I would buy the K3. I've had all 3 models and really like the size and the darker text.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
PMartelly said:
I would still contact amazon. Last December my K1 broke when it fell from my dresser. I had it for three year and was two year out of warranty. My screen was gone. They did recycle my kindle one and gave me 70 dollars to use to get a new kindle. I got my K3 3G for the same price as a SO kindle WiFi

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts