Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
That's a sweet, sleek kitty! She looks very comfortable and confident. You can't beat a good cat. (Actually, you can, but you better not let me catch you doing it.)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
How sweet.  She's a beautiful baby.

When my husband and I were dating, he adopted a stray calico.  She was a holy terror and ran the roost.  We took her to the vet the first day to have her flee dipped and found out she was knocked up.  She wasn't more than a kitten herself.  She went into labor in the middle of the night and was scared to death.  Hopped up on DH's bed for comfort.  He woke up instantly with Fluffy standing on his chest.  He was soaking wet, her water had broke and she was clawing long marks down his chest.  He said she was really mad, like this was entirely his fault.  She ended up having the kittens in his bed.  He slept on the sofa that night.  :D

I went through a phase where all I drank was Pierre with lime.  I caught Fluffy sampling from my glass one day.  She quickly acquired a Pierre addiction.  She knew what the bottle looked like.  If I pulled it out of the fridge, she would go crazy.  I couldn't keep her out of my glass, so I put a little in her water bowl to appease her.  She looked at me like I was crazy and refused to drink.  She meowed at me until I finally put an ice cube in it.  After that, Fluffy only drank her Pierre on the rocks. ;D

I could do a stand up routine with my Fluffy stories. 

Sorry didn't mean to make you thread all about me but your Calico's picture brought back some great memories.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She is so spoiled! She talks more than any cat I have ever seen. If someone sneezes, she will yowl, and run in to check on them. If you leave the house, she's fussing and cussing at you when you finally come home.

She knows how to open doors and will fight to the death if you try to trim her claws or give her a pill. (I have scars to prove it!)

Every morning at exactly 4:30, she jumps up on the bed to get my husband up to feed her, and when anyone takes a shower, she does her best to get to their wet head so she can lick it. 

Even when we'd like to strangle her, we love her dearly! :D

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I love all these cat stories! More, there must be more!

And how come no one commented on my picture of April hunting a coral snake? You know, coral snake, like in "red and yellow kill a fellow."

///////Al

·
Registered
168 Posts
BrassMan said:

And how come no one commented on my picture of April hunting a coral snake? You know, coral snake, like in "red and yellow kill a fellow."

///////Al
Wow ~ where did you post that one?!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great pictures there, Brassman! I could look at pictures of cats all day. :)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
BrassMan said:

///////Al
I missed April and the snake. I'll have to go check it out.

Here's one more Fluffy story....

Just as a side note...DH pre-eye surgery was almost blind without his contacts. 20/400 in one eye and 20/600 in the other.

Fluffy was always fastidious when it came to her litter box. She expected it to be cleaned after every single use or she would refuse to use it. Once when she just couldn't hold it any longer, I caught her attempting to balance on the rim of the box. She was hovering over the top and fell in. Boy, was she disgusted. She started plotting on how to get revenge on my husband...

Fluffy would followed DH into the bathroom every morning and watch him get ready for work. All the while waiting impatiently for him to clean her litter box. One day she was aggravated, DH failed to clean her box before he showered. She knew exactly where his foot went when he took his first step out of the shower. She left him a nice big present on the shower mat. Being blind as a bat he stepped right in it!

Fluffy surprised him on three occasions before he was trained to her satisfaction. ;D

·
Registered
294 Posts
What a face, I can tell that she is in charge  ;D

G

·
Arkhan said:
Wow, what a beautiful cat. Incredible eyes. I am a really big cat fan.
I misread that at first. I thought you said "Wow, what a beautiful cat. Incredible eyes. I am a really big cat."

I thought, "damn cat types better than me". I am OK now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Vampyre said:
I misread that at first. I thought you said "Wow, what a beautiful cat. Incredible eyes. I am a really big cat."

I thought, "damn cat types better than me". I am OK now.
I wish I was a cat sometimes. Wake up. Eat. Demand attention. Play. Lay down in sunshine or some other random place. Sleep. Repeat previous steps as many times as possible.

Sounds pretty good to me. Not much reading though...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts