Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered the Kindle last week and it should be here on Thursday.  Been reading all the forums and thought that was addicting enough.  Now I find out that there is a discussion board as well.  My cat is very unhappy about this as she gets less and less attention the more Kindle related reading I find.

Looking forward to getting the Kindle and hoping there are no problems with it, (been reading some reviews).  I've already spent about $20 downloading books from indie authors as well as loading up on free books. 

I don't even have the thing yet and I'm already developing a problem.  Eh, who needs a social life anyway?

So anyway, hello from Miami.

·
Registered
856 Posts
The one good thing about the kindle is you only need one hand to read it so your other hand is free to rub on your cat.

No you don't have a problem ~ you fit right in with the rest of us.

Since you have already been to the book bazar, head on over to accessories. You need a skin and a cover for your kindle.

Welcome and many happy days of Kindling.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
welcome and enjoy

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
:) Welcome, I think with time your cat will realize there is enough room in your life for both the kindle and her.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My cats love the Kindle because I always have a free hand to pet them. My hubby on the other hand... well that's another story  :-X

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome.  Good to know I'll have a free hand to accommodate the cat.  You probably just saved my life with that information.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Welcome to you and your cat!  (what's her name?)

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
A wonderful name for a cat.

Such a nice serene avatar, too.

Have you seen Neversleepsawink's cat? Quite the opposite of serene... in fact, frantically busy for months now :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome to you & your kitty!  Enjoy the company of lots of like minded folks here on the boards!  I also think your kitty will be happier when your kindle actually arrives, much smaller than a laptop!

Kim

·
Registered
428 Posts
Welcome to the boards. I have two cats and a dog, and we have worked it out this way.  When I'm on the computer the cats take turns on my lap, they have learned that if their paws touch the computer they get kicked off lap, so they behave very well, and I have to type one handed.  When I read my kindle I go out back, so the dog will either lay beside me where he can be petted, or put his ball into my open hand for a game of catch.  He has learned that the ball will get thrown more if he puts it into my hand rather than dropping it somewhere in the vicinity. So all in all I think we are all happy.  The kindle is an easy adjustment into any lifestyle.  Enjoy it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi, SerenityFL - I hope your cat will be like mine: LOVES my Kindle time, because it means extensive laps and petting; HATES KindleBoards time, because I'm sitting upright, sometimes typing, and the lap is not as convenient and pleasant. Also, no petting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
One out of my five cats no longer likes my Kindle. I fell asleep last night and dropped it on her. Yes, the Kindle survived. Minnie is in hiding.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi everyone and thanks again for the very warm welcome.  I love hearing the pet stories. 

Btw:  I love Neversleepsawink's avatar...with the cat licking the screen.  Cracks me up every time I see it.

Checked the tracking--Kindle MAY be here one day early.  JOY!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
My cat is OK with my Kindle - she hates my laptop pc.  At least with the Kindle, she can still get in my lap, but I have to hold it up so it doesn't get in her way.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
We are all pet lovers here - dogs, cats, birds, horses, you name it we love 'em.

Nice to have you here, and let us know when you get your kindle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts