Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can remove items from my Home page, but they remain in the Content Manager whose location is Amazon. I always copy every new book to my computer's hard drive, so I'm not really worried about losing anything.

My question is if I remove an item from the content manager that is located on Amazon (does it let me do that?), will it forever be erased from my Amazon list so that I can't re-download it again? How can I control my ever growing Content Manager? Thanks for the help for this newbie.

Steve

·
Registered
57 Posts
My understanding is - that Amazon keeps a record of everything you download - so you can remove books by using the content manager - but amazon still has them and you can download them again if you need to.
Hope this helps  :)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The answer to my own question is that it won't let me remove the Amazon entries. I tried. So I guess when I have ordered hundreds of books, there will be hundreds of entries in the Content Manager and it will be hard to manage efficiently. Does anyone have a solution?

Steve

·
Registered
79 Posts
Steve, when you're in the Content Manager, scroll up to the top, click "Show and Sort," and then choose "Show Kindle Memory Only" or "Show SD Memory Card Only."

Hope that's what you're looking for.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
In the Content Manager / Show & Sort, you have the choice of: Show All, Show Amazon Only, Show Kindle Only, Show SD Only. 

I don't save anything on my computer.  I don't want to get it involved.  I've already moved a few things to and from Sundog (my K) and Amazon.  No problems.  Just have to remember to turn on the Whispernet when moving from Amazon to Sundog.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Also, to permantly remove something from your Kindle (remembering you still have a copy on Amazon you can re-download) you plug in you K to your computer, move the files you want to delete to the trash then empty the trash while your still plugged in. That should remove them from the K memory and free up some space.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts