Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can remove items from my Home page, but they remain in the Content Manager whose location is Amazon. I always copy every new book to my computer's hard drive, so I'm not really worried about losing anything.

My question is if I remove an item from the content manager that is located on Amazon (does it let me do that?), will it forever be erased from my Amazon list so that I can't re-download it again? How can I control my ever growing Content Manager? Thanks for the help for this newbie.

Steve

·
Registered
57 Posts
My understanding is - that Amazon keeps a record of everything you download - so you can remove books by using the content manager - but amazon still has them and you can download them again if you need to.
Hope this helps  :)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The answer to my own question is that it won't let me remove the Amazon entries. I tried. So I guess when I have ordered hundreds of books, there will be hundreds of entries in the Content Manager and it will be hard to manage efficiently. Does anyone have a solution?

Steve

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
In the Content Manager / Show & Sort, you have the choice of: Show All, Show Amazon Only, Show Kindle Only, Show SD Only. 

I don't save anything on my computer.  I don't want to get it involved.  I've already moved a few things to and from Sundog (my K) and Amazon.  No problems.  Just have to remember to turn on the Whispernet when moving from Amazon to Sundog.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Also, to permantly remove something from your Kindle (remembering you still have a copy on Amazon you can re-download) you plug in you K to your computer, move the files you want to delete to the trash then empty the trash while your still plugged in. That should remove them from the K memory and free up some space.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.