Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And it's gorgeous.

A few corrections have been pointed out to me, so I'll make those, but the Trade Paper version of MOST LIKELY will go live by tomorrow.

Unless there's some sort of delay after I complete the final steps. :)

I'll upload some 5MP cell phone camera shots soon.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Glad to hear it looks great! I am in the formatting phase of mine and hope I can wrap it up this weekend to order the proof. How long did it take your proof to arrive?

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Samuel Thews said:
Glad to hear it looks great! I am in the formatting phase of mine and hope I can wrap it up this weekend to order the proof. How long did it take your proof to arrive?
I finalized and ordered the proof Monday at 5 AM. It shipped a few hours later. It arrived today (Thursday) at ~ 3 PM (whenever the mail arrived).

They had promised Tuesday of next week. So they are four mailing days early!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
CraigInTwinCities said:
And it's gorgeous.

A few corrections have been pointed out to me, so I'll make those, but the Trade Paper version of MOST LIKELY will go live by tomorrow.

Unless there's some sort of delay after I complete the final steps. :)

I'll upload some 5MP cell phone camera shots soon.
Just so you know, if you have to make corrections to your book you have to go through the review process again. Right now they're giving you the option to skip ordering a new proof once it goes through the next review, but it's only for a limited time. Just be sure you're absolutely positive you dont need another proof. I've gone through three and after this third felt confident not to order a fourth and just clicked approve on it. But I didnt want you to think it's a super fast process after you make corrections. Also, people have told me on the KB boards that once you finally approve the proof its about a week at least before it actually goes live on Amazon.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ShaunaG said:
Just so you know, if you have to make corrections to your book you have to go through the review process again. Right now they're giving you the option to skip ordering a new proof once it goes through the next review, but it's only for a limited time. Just be sure you're absolutely positive you dont need another proof. I've gone through three and after this third felt confident not to order a fourth and just clicked approve on it. But I didnt want you to think it's a super fast process after you make corrections. Also, people have told me on the KB boards that once you finally approve the proof its about a week at least before it actually goes live on Amazon.
Good to know.

I have a list of corrections that were pointed out to me after I ordered the proof. I'll make those, review the whole book myself, and that should be it.

Even if they don't let me skip the second proof, they're offering a free proof promo right now, so...

Anyway, it's an exciting time. The book looks very nice.

(P.S., I'll be correcting the eBook versions again at the same time...)

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Victorine said:
Wow, Craig is speechless. I don't think I've ever seen that. Heehee. (Just kidding.)

Vicki
Weird. I thought I'd linked to my TwitPic uploads...

·
Registered
685 Posts
Enjoy the paper copy! I took mine to the beach, got it all loaded up with sand and salt water splashes, threw it around a bit in the back seat and various beach bags. Now it looks like a real book. :D

(And, yes, those Create Space covers do eventually start to peel after a week of that level of abuse. . .)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Congratulations! It feels good, doesn't it? I just received a box of my paperbacks from Createspace (after doing the proof thing). The quality is excellent. Just ordered hardcovers this morning; can't wait to see what they look like.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Congrats Craig! Isn't it a great feeling? I hope your book sells really well, I've always loved your cover. Don't let anyone make you feel bad if you feel the need to carry it with you wherever you go and sleep with it under your pillow for a few days ;)

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
"Just so you know, if you have to make corrections to your book you have to go through the review process again. Right now they're giving you the option to skip ordering a new proof once it goes through the next review, but it's only for a limited time. Just be sure you're absolutely positive you dont need another proof."

I was surprised to learn people really like the copy of the book with "PROOF" on the last page. The folks I deal with see it as a special edition. So I made a meaningless change and ordered proofs for my beta readers. It really worked out well.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts