Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad is 92 and bedfast. He loves his Kindle (older model) . Somehow he got it stuck in Chinese. I can get to settings but then all the options and sub options are also in Chinese. Can someone please help me get it back to English? I would buy him a new one but there are several Docs on there from Send to Kindle that we don’t want to lose.

·
Super Moderator
67,387 Posts
The "language and Dictionaries" option is the one with the globe icon on the first page of settings. Language is the very first option. When you get there, it should show each language in its language so you shouldn't have trouble selecting.

If that doesn't work, you can do a reset. Go to settings, tap the 3 dots on the right, and then tap reset -- second option from the bottom int he small menu that pops up. Note that this will REMOVE everything on the device. Bus as long as it's registered to an account, you can reload any content. If you sent personal documents by Send to Kindle, they are probably archived on the account where the device is registered.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts