Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately he's not here, so I cant go poking around at his Kindle.

I did open the box it was shipped in, just to see if the Kindle cover came with it...I swear, I didnt go any further than that.  I just opened the shipping box.  ;)

I kind of want to open up the Kindle box, and take the Kindle out and plug it in for him, you know, so it'll be all charged when he gets home. But, I remember when I got my K1 for Xmas, and how much fun it was to be the first person to open that box. (my dad had opened the shipping box to make sure it was the Kindle box, but left it at that)  So, I'm just leaving it for him. I'll at least wait till he gets home before I beg to be allowed to open up his Kindle box the rest of the way.

So close to being able to see the K2! and I still have to wait! I dont know why I'm so excited about this thing. It's not even mine. I have my K1, and if I upgrade, it'll probably be early summer before I get to do that. 

It's a bad case of K2 envy.  I want one!!!!!1111eleventy!!!111!1!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I know how you feel! (minus the fact my dad hasn't ordered a k2 yet) I'm trying to convince my dad to get a kindle so he doesn't have to carry his newspaper everywhere (reads on break, while we shop....ect). I'm plotting to get him to use my k1 leaving me with k2. Bwahahahaa! okay I feel better now

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm planning a Kindlenapping right now. Just getting the ninja's ready to storm my dad's desk.

I'll have the ninja's leave my K1 in place of the K2.  The ransom for his K2 will be another K2 for me, and he'll be able to keep the K1 to send to my sister...or he can give it to the ninja's.

I just checked, his K2 with the amazon cover fits perfectly in my mini-laptop bag (made by Belkin) that I got yesterday for my K1. 

I'm already planning on crocheting or knitting a book cover for the book cover for his K2 (or mine, if the ninja's are successful)

·
Registered
723 Posts
ErinLindsey said:
Unfortunately he's not here, so I cant go poking around at his Kindle.

I did open the box it was shipped in, just to see if the Kindle cover came with it...I swear, I didnt go any further than that. I just opened the shipping box. ;)

I kind of want to open up the Kindle box, and take the Kindle out and plug it in for him, you know, so it'll be all charged when he gets home. But, I remember when I got my K1 for Xmas, and how much fun it was to be the first person to open that box. (my dad had opened the shipping box to make sure it was the Kindle box, but left it at that) So, I'm just leaving it for him. I'll at least wait till he gets home before I beg to be allowed to open up his Kindle box the rest of the way.

So close to being able to see the K2! and I still have to wait! I dont know why I'm so excited about this thing. It's not even mine. I have my K1, and if I upgrade, it'll probably be early summer before I get to do that.

It's a bad case of K2 envy. I want one!!!!!1111eleventy!!!111!1!!!!!!
He is a Lucky Dad!

EL

·
Registered
501 Posts
Although hard to do, you're right to let him do the "grand opening!" He'll enjoy the experience (and can charge it while he's reading/downloading!)

;D

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep, we did the grand opening, with my mom looking at the two of us like we were insane.  ???

He already has a book on his K2. Apparently when I got my K1 for Xmas, it was registered to him, and I must not have registered it to myself until after I ordered that first book. (I dont remember that) So, he's got a Tarzan novel to read on his K2 now.

He's just letting it sit and charge before he starts playing with it. We did play around with it some once we plugged it in. I got it registered to his Amazon account, and we listened to the text-to-speech some, but then we decided to just let it rest after the long trip (I think it was delivered by the slow boat to China) and he's going to play around with it later when we wake it up.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
ErinLindsey said:
I did open the box it was shipped in, just to see if the Kindle cover came with it...I swear, I didnt go any further than that. I just opened the shipping box. ;)
Hey, just re-tape the box and pretend nothing happened. But of course take the kindle out and put something else of equal weight in the box. He'll freak out!! LOL ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts