Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See this sweet looking little guy in my avatar? He's bad.  :mad:
<--------------------

For several days now hubby and I have been worrying over what we thought was a leak coming from under the bathroom wall. I finally asked my dad to come over and take a look at it and see what he could do about fixing it.

But then tonight hubby got down and took a closer look and realized it was dog urine. Now I know why Sampson has been slinking around the house looking guilty lately. He's taken up a new bad habit and he's been doing it in my bedroom floor.  :(

·
Registered
700 Posts
If he was reliably housetrained before this incident, then it would be a good idea to have the vet check him for a urinary tract infection.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Awwww! How can something that gorgeous be bad??? So cute, but I don't have any advice about that, sorry. But I have also heard about the urinary tract infection.

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pawz4me said:
If he was reliably housetrained before this incident, then it would be a good idea to have the vet check him for a urinary tract infection.
Thanks Pawz. That's probably a good idea because he doesn't normally do this. He's been housetrained since he was a puppy and it's not like him to have accidents indoors.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Awww, the trials and tribulations of been the owner of a pet.  :p

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Poor baby--as others have said cystitis or infection can prompt the behavior. Oh, and dogs don't really "do guilty" behavior--if you act upset they will try to appease and make you stop being made with every trick in the book! (lip licking, big eyes, slinking around, etc).

By the way, you'll need to thoroughly clean with an odor neutralizer or the dog (even once well!) may be tempted to return to the scene of the crime and continue baptizing the spot. Some of my fav products (dang, wish I owned stock in some of these!) are listed here:

http://puppies.about.com/od/OwnerPuppyCare/a/Puppy-Potty-Accidents.htm

·
Registered
22,121 Posts
One thing about having big dogs - we knew pretty quickly something was wrong the time the Great Dane had a bladder infection. :D  Something about coming in to a puddle that big was a pretty good clue since he had never had an accident in the house before - even when he was in the house by himself for 17-18 hours during an ice storm.

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
T.L. Haddix said:
Yes, definitely get him to the vet. A lot of people get angry at cats when they do this, start going outside the litter box. They don't realize it's a warning sign that something is wrong. Hope it is nothing serious.
Yes, we used to have a cat like this. At first we thought she was just wetting in the floor because she was sulking about something but eventually we took her to the vet who told us she couldn't help it, she needed to be on a special diet. :-\

1 - 10 of 10 Posts