Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone's noticed my strange absence lately, it's because my whole family has had a terrible flu for several weeks. My eight-year-old had to be hospitalized Monday for dehydration but she's much better now and we were able to come back home yesterday. We've all got a lingering cough and snotty noses but no more vomiting. Here's hoping the rest of the new year goes smoother for us all.

DD and furbaby:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Oh my heart sank when I saw "eight year old" and "hospitalized!"  I'm so glad everyone's back home and doing better--here's seconding your wish for smoother sailing now!

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Glad we are better now, with a happy outcome!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Dara England said:
If anyone's noticed my strange absence lately, it's because my whole family has had a terrible flu for several weeks. My eight-year-old had to be hospitalized Monday for dehydration but she's much better now and we were able to come back home yesterday. We've all got a lingering cough and snotty noses but no more vomiting. Here's hoping the rest of the new year goes smoother for us all.
Glad your daughter is home. Feel better!!!

Betsy

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
Glad to see you back here at KB, Dara. I hope you and your family are completely recovered soon. It must feel great to have your daughter back home!

·
Super Moderator
10,088 Posts
So sorry to hear this, Dara ... it must've been frightening. :(  I'm glad she's on the road to recovery!

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Hi Dara,

I'm so sorry your family has been through this, but glad you are all on the mend. We've also had the flu here and it kicked me down for a week, my husband even longer. I can't imagine how the little ones get through this.

Your babies are adorable, btw.

;)

·
Registered
12,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts, guys. DD was able to go back to school yesterday.

T.L. Haddix said:
And she looks just like you. :)
Everyone says so. :) This one is a mini me, while my other daughter looks like her daddy.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Oh my. I feel for you. It was the top headline on tonight's news. My kids refuse; no matter how much I beg, to get the Flu shot. Prayers for your family...especially your daughter.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that.  The flu has been so bad this year.  Nearly 30 people have died here in Illinois, alone.

So, all my best to your daughter and your family.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts