Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my daughter's Kindle arrived today along with her Cora skin from DecalGirl!  Cover should be here via the big brown truck later this afternoon. I have applied the skin and downloaded a couple of books already for her.  The battery isn't holding a charge which disappoints me but the seller did offer to give me a 20.00 paypal credit to use towards a new battery.  I have ordered on and it should be here tomorrow.  Hopefully this will resolve the problem.  I would hate for her to have this Kindle and it never hold a charge.  Today I charged it for 3 hours when it arrived, turned it on to register the Kindle1 and to download the books, the charge dropped to almost 25% almost immediately! I was mortified, however, I can say the seller was very prompt in returning my email I sent out to him regarding the issue. I only hope all is resolved with a replacement battery.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
LADennis said:
Well, my daughter's Kindle arrived today along with her Cora skin from DecalGirl! Cover should be here via the big brown truck later this afternoon. I have applied the skin and downloaded a couple of books already for her. The battery isn't holding a charge which disappoints me but the seller did offer to give me a 20.00 paypal credit to use towards a new battery. I have ordered on and it should be here tomorrow. Hopefully this will resolve the problem. I would hate for her to have this Kindle and it never hold a charge. Today I charged it for 3 hours when it arrived, turned it on to register the Kindle1 and to download the books, the charge dropped to almost 25% almost immediately! I was mortified, however, I can say the seller was very prompt in returning my email I sent out to him regarding the issue. I only hope all is resolved with a replacement battery.
Hope the replacement battery does the trick - if not, do you know if it's still under warranty?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Until you get the new battery, make sure you turn whispernet off whenever you don't need to access amazon.

Whispernet takes a lot of power.

My K1 would hold a charge for about 4 days with whispernet on and close to 8 days with whispernet off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts