Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually he likes to stand on it  Without fail if I leave my Kindle laying around, Clancy will stand on it Luckliy he's a dachshund and not a Mastiff, and also luckily my Oberon cover provides some decent protection  I keep telling him not to step on the expensive electronics, but he is absolutely drawn to it

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hmmmm... must be giving out signals that Clancy is able to hear  ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
My black lab ate the orginal kindle cover. I wasn't too happy at first then I realized it gave me a very good reason to buy a new cover off of someone on here. Dogs are just little miracle workers aren't they? ;D

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
madrye said:
My black lab ate the orginal kindle cover. I wasn't too happy at first then I realized it gave me a very good reason to buy a new cover off of someone on here. Dogs are just little miracle workers aren't they? ;D
yes they are. So far my dog has given me reason for my parents to 1. rearrange my room (they woudn't let me but I kept on stepping on my yellow lab who was determined to move into my room) 2. get a desk (she kept on licking the ink on my school papers. or chewing corners on my book, but that was when she was a puppy). Next....is new seat covers for my car.

G

·
I have bigger dogs and after they ate the couch, I don't let them in unsupervised anymore.  Well they didn't eat the whole thing but they chewed it up pretty good.

G

·
HA you can flip over a couch cushion.  I can't flip over a whole couch!

OK just kidding they mostly ripped the padded facing off the front of the couch and love seat. 

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
That must be why at 5 or 6 before getting a pet my dad and I built a dog house together and he told me people live in people houses and dogs live in dog houses. I do recall seeing the ruined back door at my friend's house since they didn't have a robbery door.

·
Registered
260 Posts
LDB said:
That must be why at 5 or 6 before getting a pet my dad and I built a dog house together and he told me people live in people houses and dogs live in dog houses. I do recall seeing the ruined back door at my friend's house since they didn't have a robbery door.
I never really saw the point of having a pet that lives outside. Things getting ruined by pets is a result of human error, not the pet's fault at all.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I agree Wannabe, but I do understand how some people might not feel the same way.

However, Clancy needs to learn to leave Mommy's things alone!  I doubt if Amazon will replace it if she says a dog sat on it LOL  I have no suggestions, but we do have a dog trainer who is a member of the KB, maybe he will chime in here with a solution.  :eek:

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Anju said:
I doubt if Amazon will replace it if she says a dog sat on it
I'm sure they won't replace it if a person sat on it either. My dog ate two library books.... They weren't sympathetic either.

G

·
pidgeon92 said:
I'm sure they won't replace it if a person sat on it either. My dog ate two library books.... They weren't sympathetic either.
Fuzzy caught and ate a whole squirrel yesterday. I didn't find so much as a claw after she was done.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I find it amazing how animals seem to enjoy electronics so much. I have a cat that always sits on an old tv of mine, or on my keyboard. I can't imagine either being very comfortable.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
My lab has a thing for cellphones in faux leather cases....reword that...she has a thing for my cellphone in its faux leather case. She also has a thing for blackberries (discovered this at the dog park)

·
Registered
72 Posts
My hallway at the back of the house is freezing with ice on the wall because a certain black lab at the corner of wall down to the siding. Thankfully we don't use that hallway for anything but storage. We have no corners on any walls as he's also eaten them. Our garbage cans are tied to our fence to prevent him from having a buffet of garbage. It's funny how our 2 female dogs have never destroyed a thing but our 1 male dog has done all of this damage. Love him to pieces though.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Wannabe said:
I never really saw the point of having a pet that lives outside. Things getting ruined by pets is a result of human error, not the pet's fault at all.
Some dogs are just too big to live inside. For some dogs it would just be cruel to leave them cooped up in a house. The only time I've had dogs is when I lived somewhere where I could let them out and run on their own. They are usually happier that way anyway. You are right though that proper training will keep them from tearing stuff up.

G

·
Both of my dogs are too big to be indoor dogs.  I do have a nice sized back yard for them.  This is the first pair of dogs I've had in a long time that have actually stayed in the back.

All of my previous dogs were very good at finding ways out.  Some learned to open the gate.  A few of them were able to jump the 4 ft chain link fence.  Others decided going over was too much work and decided going under was easier.

I know Little Girl knows she can go under the fence.  She did it a couple of times when she was smaller.  She is very timid though so she didn't go anywhere.  When she saw me she just went back under the fence and to the safety of Big Boy.

BB is too big and heavy(135lbs+) to jump over or dig out.  If properly motivated, he could possibly go through the fence.  :)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
We had a 170lb Great Dane who was mostly an indoor dog. Never had any trouble with him doing anything he wasn't supposed to do in the house. A very lovable and loving, well trained dog. We took him everywhere we could. Some friends who worked for the School for the Blind here in Little Rock even took him there for their pet day and the kids loved him. He always thought he should be a lap dog. Great dog. Been gone 20 years. Can you tell I still miss him? :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts