Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's RunKeeper - - a friend tipped me about this last week. This morning, I went for a run/walk with my dog, while my girls rode their bikes. I turned on RunKeeper and it tracks exactly where we went and how quickly (or slowly, as the case may be).

Neat, eh??!! My wife is starting to use this for her 3-day training walks, too.

·
Registered
921 Posts
That is pretty neat Harvey.  I thought I was a gadget person, but you've got me beat.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I sure wish that it worked on Verizon accounts .....

·
Registered
201 Posts
I love that. Much better than my pedometer,  So--do all the apps for Iphone work the same for I-touch? I am betting not, cos your not hooked into the wireless thing, but I am a believer that all these electronic things are actually magical--so maybe it does! Yes/No?

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
You would need the GPS capability, which is iPhone only not iTouch as it depends on the cell phone.  Too bad.  I would have an iPhone by now if they weren't locked into AT&T.

Betsy

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I have an iPod Touch, but I'd sure have an iPhone if it wasn't something like $70 a month for service. My cell phone costs me $10 a month for essentially unlimited calls, including long distance.

My Touch gets used a lot for database and geocaching. The iPhone would be a bit nicer for geocaching because of the GPS built into it.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts