Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was setting in a restaurant in Tulsa last night with Thing laying on the table (it's great to be able to read while eating without fightingt the pages).  A couple walked by my table on their way out and I heard, "hey, there's a Kindle", they stopped and we chatted for a few minutes.  They're waiting on their Kindle to arrive and were excited to see one in the wild.  It was a fun experience - you meet the nicest people with your Kindle.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I agree with you Kelley, it is a fun experience. I've had the opportunity 3 times to show off my Kindle. I felt like a proud Mother and could not stop singing my baby's praises.  :)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Went to a Bible study yesterday with my kindle and the leader went "I have one of those!" but didn't know about some of the free books, the OYB, etc.  He has had his since JUNE - but he has been told about Kindleboards and all the good stuff he can get now.

There are now 4 that I know of in this area - who knows how many more are lurking  :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have people ask about my Kindle quite a bit, but I met my first fellow Kindler about two weeks ago.  I work at a restaurant checking coats, so I can read at work, so I was reading On Clem one night when a patron stopped and mentioned he had a Kindle too.  We were both enumerating on how much we enjoy our Kindles.  :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
My nearest town of any size is in New Bern,NC, and I have yet to see anyone else with a Kindle. :(
Surely someone else east of Raleigh owns one! lol

·
Registered
208 Posts
theresa57 said:
My nearest town of any size is in New Bern,NC, and I have yet to see anyone else with a Kindle. :(
Surely someone else east of Raleigh owns one! lol
there are two that I know of on the Outer Banks...and hopefully another one will arrive soon ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just returned from a trip to Italy and the whole time I was on Kindle look out while waiting at the airport numerous hours, having several layovers and different plane changes....  I even walked up and down the rows on the airplane being nosy just to see if I could spot one but there wasn't one to be had.  Maybe they are all waiting on theirs like I am :(

·
Registered
860 Posts
LDB said:
I haven't seen anyone else with one yet but have been approached a couple times for discussion while reading mine.
Same here. I'm excited to see another Kindle someday.

Mr. KM has taken mine to work again today to show a co-worker's wife. This is the second time he's taken it in. I hope I survive today. Especially that carpool line. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts