Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, Legacy of the Empress got its first review! :D And it didn't suck!

"A good story teller has the ability to create a connection with the reader and truly capture them within the pages, I was hooked by the first chapter and couldn't put it down."

Man, was I nervous about what the first review would say. This is my first major novel, so I'm sure you guys have been there. Am I a "real" writer? What if I get booed off the kindle??

I think everything is going to be okay :). Feels good!

Thanks for letting me share!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Jenn!  :D 

I'd actually been having nightmares about my first review being a one-star over something silly, so this was a relief.  I mean, I believed in it, but it's strange/scary/exciting being "out there" for all to see.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Congrats, Rebecca. Nothing like getting a satisfied reader to proclaim how much they enjoyed your book. It validates why you put in all those hours of hard work into writing your book. ;)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys are the best!  :)  Thank you for celebrating this moment with me!

@elalond Here's hoping yours comes soon, and that it's fabulous!

@Kevis Ha, you're so right.  I'm already cooking up something new, and I need to get on it!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ha! I totally will  ;).  I might just print it out and put it up on the refrigerator...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Grats!

I had a couple good reviews to start, but they were from friends. Now, my friends will typically be straight-up with thier reviews, so I know they liked it, but there was a special thrill for me to see the first "non-friend" review, and a 4-star review at that!

Keep up the good work. I'm excited to see my next few reviews; hopefully they'll be just as good.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, everyone!  :D  I'm glad to know that I wasn't alone in being neurotic, and I totally will go raise a glass to celebrate.

@swolf:  DUDE.  Thank you for that!  ;)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks, Dana!  ;)  I just clicked through and "liked" your book.  Good luck with it!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts