Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a career of dealing only with facts for newspapers and magazines, I have posted my first work of fiction on the Kindle.

"Invitation To A Dance Hall" is a SHORT story about two brothers who take different paths to adulthood.

It's not much, but it's a start.

Now back to wrestling with my first novel, a saga about two families feuding over control of the local newspaper.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Congratulation!!!  As they say, 'truth is stranger than fiction' so after working with facts you should have a TON of really strange stories floating around in your head just waiting to be written! ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks R M Rowan for the congrats.

And what a right-on comment.

If fact I put this at the top of the story:

"There are thousands of stories that fill a reporter's notebook during a career of twenty years. This is one of them."

·
Registered
415 Posts
Okey Dokey said:
After a career of dealing only with facts for newspapers and magazines, I have posted my first work of fiction on the Kindle.

"Invitation To A Dance Hall" is a SHORT story about two brothers who take different paths to adulthood.

It's not much, but it's a start.

Now back to wrestling with my first novel, a saga about two families feuding over control of the local newspaper.
Okey Dokey congratulations on publishing your first story on Kindle. I hope it's the first of many great works for you. And with your newspaper background your novel should be very interesting.

Pamela

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Pamela for the kind words. I'm pretty excited. But honestly, I feel I'm stumbling in the dark with fiction. I've got a lot of lessons to learn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts