Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some memories stay with you no matter how much water passes under the bridge or how many brain cells give up the ghost. One of those for me is a visit to Ronnie Scott's jazz club where I was a member for a few years. Chet Baker was in town and when he played My Funny Valentine, the emotional kick was huge, especially given that it looked like he could barely hold his horn. It was so good that I went again later that week for another session and it was equally amazing, ranking up there among my favourite experiences of live music (of which there have been many. I suppose it was inevitable that I'd use the title one day and here it is.

Just out from Down&Out books, My Funny Valentine, available here: https://www.amazon.com/Funny-Valentine-Rat-Pack-Book-ebook/dp/B08N6L22SX

And the blurb?

Double Dutch loves playing Cupid and for one lucky lady his arrow will be painfully sharp. Only the police can prevent him from hitting his target before Valentine's Day comes to a close.

It's almost twenty years since the last Double Dutch killing and he's back with a vengeance. The discovery of his latest victim resurrects ghosts the police hoped they'd laid to rest forever.

With Valentine's Day almost upon them, detectives know they have limited time to avoid another slaying.

Follow DI Wilson and his team as they try to locate the killer before he strikes again.

My Funny Valentine is the second novel in the highly-praised Rat Pack series.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's taken a while, but My Funny Valentine has it's first two reviews.

This is an excellent and gripping story that revolves around a serial killer who strikes just before, and on, St Valentine's Day. This central core is interwoven with some of the police officers' back-stories, including one whose cousin is in thrall to a group of drug dealers. It's a kind of matriarchy whose tentacles it's almost impossible to escape. There's more than just this, though. It's a densely-woven fabric of a story and I whizzed through it. I enjoyed it hugely. (Amazon.uk Top 1000 reviewer)

This is a cop novel with tons of heart. Bird makes it look easy to have an ensemble cast because every character leaps off the page. I'm not usually one for books about capturing serial killers, but this is a clear exception. A novel to be savored. (Goodreads reviewer)

Thanks for checking and happy new year to you all (here in Scotland, we've just moved into our most significant lockdown since March last year).

https://www.amazon.com/Funny-Valentine-Rat-Pack-Book-ebook/dp/B08N6L22SX

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi everyone. I'm not going to keep this thread alive forever, but I wanted to mention that the latest price for My Funny Valentine (and also for the first book in the series Let It Snow) is currently 99c. This will be available until Valentine's Day.

The link? Amazon.com: My Funny Valentine (The Rat Pack Series Book 2) eBook: Bird, Nigel: Kindle Store

And I like the new look to the boards, but it's going to take a while. Off to take the tour now.

Have a good weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts