Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I was more worried about the Kindle in my other hand, rather than the minor, first degree burns that now cover my right hand and wrist!

I dunno how/why it happened, one minute everything was ok. I wasn't actually reading with the kindle in my hand while straightening my hair- I had the text on to one of the larger fonts, and turned the volume off and turned on text to speech so it would turn the pages. I had picked up the kindle for a minute to stop the TTS- I wanted to go back a page to reread something, an that's when it all exploded. A huge POP; sparks showered everywhere. The fact that the damned thing was right next to my head wasn't good, either.

At least the Kindle's ok; I do have to return this one, after all. If I'm this protective over a faulty, vampire-syndrome one, god only knows how quickly my heart will stop when I finally get a good one and something like an accidental drop occurs!

·
Registered
157 Posts
silly question.....
Were you straightening your hair and reading at the same time?
I think your straightener died and wanted to take a victim with it. Put ice on your hand and wrist it will help with the stinging. I have gotten burned many a time with my straightener. Trying to pick it up by the hot point and not the handle not fun.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ferretluver said:
silly question.....
Were you straightening your hair and reading at the same time?
I think your straightener died and wanted to take a victim with it. Put ice on your hand and wrist it will help with the stinging. I have gotten burned many a time with my straightener. Trying to pick it up by the hot point and not the handle not fun.
Lol, I wasn't actually reading at the same time- I had the text on to one of the larger fonts, and turned the volume off and turned on text to speech so it would turn the pages. I had picked up the kindle for a minute to stop the TTS- I wanted to go back a page to reread something, an that's when it all exploded.

I had never known that my straightener was one of those "take as many as I can with me" appliances. ^_^;;

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Ouch.  Hope your hand heals quickly. 
You do know that the next caution we're going to see on our curling iron, etc., packaging will be do not read while straightening/curling.  LOL.
deb

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
drenee said:
Ouch. Hope your hand heals quickly.
You do know that the next caution we're going to see on our curling iron, etc., packaging will be do not read while straightening/curling. LOL.
deb
"Do not read kindle while straightening hair; this straightener will quickly become jealous and spontaneously combust in an attempt to take your kindle with it in it's jealous fit of rage.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Neversleepsawink;) said:
YIKES!!! Hope your hand heals fast. It could of burned your Kindle too! *GASPS* LOL!
Lol, that was EXACTLY what I was more worried about!

Skin grows back, and hell even if it doesn't there are always skin grafts, but if it had damaged the Kindle?

*faints*

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Hope your hand heals quickly and glad nothing happened to your Kindle. I have the straightest hair in the world and always hated it. I now think I'm glad. Wouldn't want to be attacked fixing my hair ;D.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts