Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day my husband walks into Staples to pick up some of the Pilot Frixon pens that I just love. While there he sees a Kindle on display. He used to be a software tester so he just can't help himself sometimes. So he picks up the Kindle, notices that it's connected to the store wireless. Downloads a sample copy of my book Fateful and switches it to the cover view and then puts the Kindle back on display. I might not have the nerve to do this...but anyway, I suppose it's one way to promote ones book.  ;D

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Cheri Schmidt said:
So the other day my husband walks into Staples to pick up some of the Pilot Frixon pens that I just love. While there he sees a Kindle on display. He used to be a software tester so he just can't help himself sometimes. So he picks up the Kindle, notices that it's connected to the store wireless. Downloads a sample copy of my book Fateful and switches it to the cover view and then puts the Kindle back on display. I might not have the nerve to do this...but anyway, I suppose it's one way to promote ones book. ;D
Absolutely love it!

Betsy

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Now wait one fracking moment. We members of the Husbands United Front take great offense at comments of this nature. One more comment like that and you can expect a visit by our enforcer, Dwight Duck, Esq. That is, of course, after he has finished watching the reruns of the NCAA Lacrosse Championship. ;)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Philip Chen said:
Now wait one fracking moment. We members of the Husbands United Front take great offense at comments of this nature. One more comment like that and you can expect a visit by our enforcer, Dwight Duck, Esq. That is, of course, after he has finished watching the reruns of the NCAA Lacrosse Championship. ;)
So, what you're saying is, don't expect him any time soon. ;D

Cheri, that is a GOOD husband. Very well trained. lol

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
That's fantastic.

I was a member of the Authonomy writers site, when Miranda Dickenson had her book, A Fairy tale in New York, picked up by Harper Collins. I visited family in the UK and went shopping to an Asda Supermarket (Walmart). I noticed her books on the bottom shelf and moved them to eye level. In all I think I did the same at 7 Asda stores during my visit and on my way back through Frankfurt Airport I did the same in the book store.

I hope in some small way it helped her achieve a portion of the 100,000+ sales she made. lol

·
Registered
624 Posts
Decon said:
That's fantastic.

I was a member of the Authonomy writers site, when Miranda Dickenson had her book, A Fairy tale in New York, picked up by Harper Collins. I visited family in the UK and went shopping to an Asda Supermarket (Walmart). I noticed her books on the bottom shelf and moved them to eye level. In all I think I did the same at 7 Asda stores during my visit and on my way back through Frankfurt Airport I did the same in the book store.

I hope in some small way it helped her achieve a portion of the 100,000+ sales she made. lol
LMAO!!! That's awesome.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Philip Chen said:
Don't forget the football straight after that.

I don't like being lumped in with other husbands: I actually do my share of the housework and cooking. As long as my wife can wait a while for me to get to it of course :)

Oh, I also got my grubby hands on one of the yet-to-be-released Pilot Frixion Clicker pens. The lovely people at Pilot gave me one. Still can't work out exactly how it erases pen ink.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Philip Chen said:
Oh crikey, what have I started! :D :D :D

Hey Declan, that was nice of you. :-*

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
I have done that too at various Staples, Best Buy(s) and Target(s). Since I am not a writer, and neither is my DH, I usually pull up whatever was the last book I read and enjoyed by an author here on the boards.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Coral said:
Hmm, now I'm hatching fiendish plots. Find some high school kids that will work for cheap and pay them to go around to all the stores that sell e-Readers... I wonder how many stores have them hooked up to wireless though, I would think they would lock that down.
Oh dear, what did my hubby start? LOL
Even so, I say we take advantage of this until they figure it out and lock it down like Coral said.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts