Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.  My kindle has been draining my battery.  I have taken out my sd card (per their instruction) and that didn't work.  I would go from a full charge to 50% in less then 10 minutes with whisper on.  I have always been very careful turning it off when not needed (whisper).  So today I called and within 5 minutes the decision by Amazon was to just send me a new one or refurbished unit.  I do not get a new warranty which is hopefully ok. 
I know I can re download all my books from amazon but what about the feedbooks, mobi etc?
I am a happy camper!!!! 

·
Registered
193 Posts
Unless you have the feedbooks what have ya saved on your computer, youll have to redownload em to your comp or kindle individually again.

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
I had to get a replacement and they send the K1. I got mine on Tuesday. I had to make another call when I got the UPS label as there was something wierd with it and in the convo I had with the CS it sounded like they don't have a lot of k1's around anymore. They had to do something internal with the return label because of that. I called as I wanted to make sure the return would be credited to my account as my name was not on it.

I wonder what they will do with those that need replacing later in the year when they out of K1. My warranty should still stand as it was right? I mean if something goes wrong with this one? I only got mine in early December.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So do you mean they gave you a choice of a refurbished K1 or a new K2?
No, not a K2.. Either a new K1 or reburbished.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Atunah said:
I wonder what they will do with those that need replacing later in the year when they out of K1. My warranty should still stand as it was right? I mean if something goes wrong with this one? I only got mine in early December.
I can hear it now. "Can you hold while I log into ebay and bid on a replacement for your Kindle?" :D

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
davem2bits said:
I can hear it now. "Can you hold while I log into ebay and bid on a replacement for your Kindle?" :D
ROFLMAO!!!!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
davem2bits said:
Haha, yep. Unless they start giving out K2's are replacements.

I

·
0 Posts
Maybe all you needed was a new battery.  :)  I think you can transfer all of your books to your SD card and they will work because the new Kindle will be on the same account.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no, its not the battery.(I have three)  Something in my K1 is zapping the battery. My replacement will be here Monday.  YIPEE ;D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KindleKid said:
Im surprised they didn't offer you a K2. At least your getting it back though!
OMG!! Can you imagine if they did that???? Suddenly alot of folks would have problems with
their K1

·
Registered
116 Posts
crosj said:
OMG!! Can you imagine if they did that???? Suddenly alot of folks would have problems with
their K1
I am sure it is a matter of time before people try to take advantage of it when they do. I was shocked at all the people on the Amazon board that suffer from entitlement issues and seriously believe that Amazon owes them something for buying a Kindle 1. There were only a few people that I could sympathize with and they were the ones that got upgraded to K2 but wanted a K1 instead. As for some ofthe others, I can easily see them breaking the Kindle to get a new one right before the warranty runs out.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
But "breaking" is obvious so doubt if Amazon would replace or even offer for the half price.  I am sure we will find out.  ;)

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
I wonder what Amazon would do if someone called with a complaint, said it wasn't fixed and got sent a new K1 or K2 when nothing was wrong with it. Hopefully the person would be charged for it but who knows.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
crosj said:
their K1
Haha, I can picture that happening.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts