Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my first-ever book into KDP Select last month, and did my first free run last week. And the results are interesting.

I blogged about it here:
http://www.yaindie.com/2012/12/kdp-select-revisited.html

I'll re-enroll this book when the exclusivity period is up at the end of February, and if I ever have any other one-off books not part of an existing series I might consider it, but I won't be using it for my series even though I did have good results (and would likely have much better results with a full-length novel part of a series).

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was really interesting to see the results like that in action. I did get a nice prominent mention on Gemma Halliday's Free Book Friday and also Harvey was kind enough to mention me on the Kindleboards blog, but I think that was about it for mentions that I know about.

Oh...I forgot about Suzanne at XTME! I'm fairly confident that was why I got more downloads in Germany than in the UK. :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Read your blog post, I agree very cool  8)

I only have 1 novel out and did KDP select on a 3 day and 2 day slot at the start and finish of November.
My results were not as massive as yours, however my book is ticking over and I am still in the charts for my genre.

My sales are substantially more than before I did the promo.

Thanks for the positive review you gave KDP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts