Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on phone with CS and am waiting for call back

I first had problems getting my computer to acknowledge the kindle plugged into the computer. I did a microsoft update at CS's suggestion. I downloaded books as I have done with KK many times. the titles show up on my K2. none of them open.  I down  loaded a new one (free) from amazon with CS and that one I can read. I want my current list of books not new from this date. anyway I wait. CS and my husband tell me to just read on your KK but I was so excited about getting my new kindle and gave my K1 to my husband.

oh well I do have faith in Amazon CS but I don't have patience.

Sylvia

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
a quick question did you go on Amazon and to your manage your Kindle page and send the books to your Kindle 2 from your Kindle 1 -  I noticed that they didn't automatically go over for me - I picked the main ones I wanted for now to go on my Kindle 2 ... you probably did it but I figured just in case - sometimes I overlook the easiest thing.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
The way you describe it, you are downloading purchased books from Amazon onto your computer and moving them to the K2 via USB.

When you download the books, they must be for that specific Kindle, which you can choose from the dropdown list when you go to download the title. If your K2 is not in that dropdown list, and you download for a different Kindle, when you load the book onto the K2 it will not open. That is how the DRM works. The download must be specifically for that Kindle.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am always via USB cord due to no whispernet here. (it is a wonderful addition to trips out)
I will try again but usb cord to documents folder is the specific kindle need to be specified?
Sylvia

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
sylvia said:
I will try again but usb cord to documents folder is the specific kindle need to be specified?
Sylvia
The correct Kindle needs to be specified when you do the download.... Note how in the picture below it asks to specify which Kindle I want to download for....

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
for example without a pretty picture like above - I had to go to all my books on manage my Kindle  and hit download/send to Minerva (my Kindle 2) .... I had a choice to download/send to Athena, Minerva or my iTouch -- so I picked the ones I wanted to move over and use that button to do it.

was that as clear as mud - I actually spent time trying to figure out the best way to phrase it but when I read it back I wasn't sure....  ;D

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you guys hit it right on the head. do you know I have talked with 3 or 4 CS people and no one told me that step. I assumed (ass u me) that usb to kindle you want...
Anyway I am back in the game thank you very much. I love the pictures that say it all.
I love you guys ;D
Sylvia

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
So glad to hear everything is working for you now.... Let us know if you have any other questions.....

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Great - glad it helped - I know sometimes when I get stuck like that I have to walk away and then come back because I'm missing something simple that later on I will see - I always worry when I type something like that out that the person will have done it and think I am just weird hehehe  - so glad I'm not the only one that type of thing happens to  ;D

now pidgeon92 is so far ahead of me in explaining - to be able to post the picture - that is super!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Whenever I have a K2 problem I come here first and that always eliminates me having to call CS.  Everyone is great here. 

·
Registered
860 Posts
BookBinder said:
Whenever I have a K2 problem I come here first and that always eliminates me having to call CS. Everyone is great here.
Yep, me too!

And hooray for Pidgeon92 who saves the day again with her pictures. I'd never know how to post a link if it weren't for those pictures.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts