Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out with a friend at Cheddars when the power went out during a tornado warning.  No lights in the place except the emergency exits.  Then I remembered I always have my small booklight with me for reading on my Kindle in dark places.  Instant candlelight!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I always carry a booklight with me.  I never thought about a situation like that. 
Good thinking.
deb

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Kindle to the rescue again!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I need to get back into the habit of carrying mine.  I use to carry it in winter on the bus in case I got a seat and the lights weren't working.  Then once it accidently got turned on and I didn't know it so batteries ran down.  I decided to buy the rechargeable ones and I need to start carrying it again.  I get on the bus when its just starting to get light out but not really enough for reading and the other day the lights weren't working so I've learned my lesson.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Nice. I use my iphone for that, we do have some apps specifically for light use, but the regular screen lit up works fine in the dark. I've used it to find my way at night.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Rasputina said:
Nice. I use my iphone for that, we do have some apps specifically for light use, but the regular screen lit up works fine in the dark. I've used it to find my way at night.
I've done that same thing with my cell phone so many times. Once I also used my iTouch. But not for a dinner during a tornado, thats a little more exciting. I usually use mine if I dropped my keys in the dark movie theatre or something like that.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I use my Blackberry to light my way up the stairs at night.  My son has the flashlight feature on his Itouch.  I thought it a bit silly when he first showed it to me, until I thought about it.  I mean, I'm carrying my phone upstairs with me anyway. 
deb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts