Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: :( :mad: :(

When I got home from work last night, I sat down for some quality time with machine only to turn it on and have strange black likes verticle on the right side of the screen.  Sometimes it blinks and whatnot, but it seems to be good and dead even after resets etc.  Hopefully they can get me one soon, but I think I'm at least going to be relegated to a weekend of DTBs.

Bah.

What a lousy way to start a four day weekend.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Hackeynut, terrible news!  Let us know when you talk to CS what they say!  I'm sure you'll get one asap, but yes, bad for for 4 day weekend!  (You've tried making sure it's fully charged?  I'm guessing that was the "etc" in your post.)  How long have you had your Kindle?

Keep us posted!

Betsy

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup.  It is fully charged.  One of my biggest concerns is that the lines don't go away when the machine is off.  Tried the reset, charged it overnight, basically I've tried flipping everything I could, but it seems dead.

I called CS this morning and apparently the Kindle department doesn't open until 11am EST.  So After that, we'll see where it goes.

I've had the Kindle for 2.5 months now.  Disappointing to say the least.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, they are one day shipping me a replacement and supposedly it will be here on Monday.  So I guess A+ for customer service by a big F for my sadness.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Lizzy said:
Sorry to hear what happened to you.

I wonder why they call it 1 day shipping?
It's one business day...Sat & Sun don't count.

Betsy

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
hackeynut said:
Well, they are one day shipping me a replacement and supposedly it will be here on Monday. So I guess A+ for customer service by a big F for my sadness.
So sorry you'll be Kindle-less this weekend. At least, if it gets there as promised, it won't be four days! You can spend some more time here on Kindleboards....

Betsy

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
You're getting it Monday even though it's a holiday?  The good news is that they must have some in stock and they'll start shipping those back orders soon.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Not everybody gets MLK Day off. I've worked on MLK Day. (The African-American owner of the quilt shop said "Martin would want me to make money.") :D

Apparently UPS will deliver on MLK. Great for Hackeynut!

The following is the 2009 holiday schedule for UPS in the United States.

New Year's Day - January 1, 2009*
Memorial Day - May 25, 2009*
Independence Day - July 4, 2009*
Labor Day - September 7, 2009*
Thanksgiving Day - November 26, 2009*
Day after Thanksgiving - November 27, 2009* (Only delivery and pickup of air and international packages is available November 28th)
Christmas Day - December 25, 2009*
New Year's Eve - December 31, 2009* (Only delivery and pickup of air and international packages is available December 31st)
New Year's Day - January 1, 2010*

Saturday and Sunday are rest days for United Parcel Service. (Saturday delivery and pickup is available in certain regions)

* UPS Express Critical is available 365 days each year

In addition, the following holidays are recognized by U.P.S., but not observed:

Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Lincoln's Birthday
Valentine's Day
President's Day
Washington's Birthday
Ash Wednesday
St. Patrick's Day
Good Friday
Passover
Flag Day
Rosh Hashanah
Yom Kippur
Columbus Day
Veteran's Day
Hanukkah
Christmas Eve

Betsy

·
Registered
44 Posts
Very good information Betsy, about UPS holiday's.

However if they are shipping it one day, it may come Fedex or UPS. In any case, you'll probably get the replacement Kindle Monday.

Oh, and Amazon.com Kindle Support is Open from 6 AM PST - 10 PM PST.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
AcBush said:
Very good information Betsy, about UPS holiday's.

However if they are shipping it one day, it may come Fedex or UPS. In any case, you'll probably get the replacement Kindle Monday.

Oh, and Amazon.com Kindle Support is Open from 6 AM PST - 10 PM PST.
AC is that 7 days a week? Not that I hope to ever use them, but Amazon support seems to be so awesome I would think so.

I

·
0 Posts
I was gonna look up the info about Kindle customer service but it's very hard to find.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Anju said:
AC is that 7 days a week? Not that I hope to ever use them, but Amazon support seems to be so awesome I would think so.
That is correct Anju. 7 days a week, 365. :)

I

·
0 Posts
OK, I am home and I found th number to Kindle Customer Service.  It's 1-866-321-8851

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just posted about my kindle dying and it sounds like the exact same thing as what happened to yours with the lines and mine showed up even when the unit was off as well. I've had mine since end of September/beginning of October. Customer service was amazing. Just so helpful probably the best experiance I've ever had with a company.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree madrye.  Most companies will challenge you if something breaks, not Amazon.  This was how the conversation went.  "Did you drop it?"  "No"  "Lets try and reset it and see if that works."  "It didn't"  "Alright, we have a new one coming in the mail to you.

Wonderful wonderful.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  My Second Kindle just died!  The screen is showing nothing (though the cursor works)  Just blank screen.

Damn you Amazon, I love your product but it seems so finicky!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Geez, what rotton luck you're having. Hopefully the third time is the charm and this new one lasts for you.  :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts