Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband got me a Kindle for my birthday.  I asked for one.  It arrived today.  He took it to the front bedroom to plug it in and charge the battery.  See, the problem is, my birthday is July 13  :( 

So I have a question.  I have already ordered some books from Amazon.  If he has it plugged in, will it download the books?  Does it come with whispernet turned on.  He was only in the room for like 2 minutes.  Sigh......

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Mine came with the books that I had downloaded to it, but Whispernet wasn't turned on. It only take a few minutes to download if you have a strong signal. Is he really going to make you wait until July 13. Tell him that he can buy you a skin or case and give that to you on your birthday. :)

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Could also bring up concerns with the sun fade issues and the contrast and tell him you need to check on those so you know whether you need to contact Amazon for a replacement.  We certainly hope that isn't the case, but it's a good excuse for getting your hands on it early!  Or you could tell him you just can't wait and need to go to the bookstore tomorrow and buy a $25 NY Times Bestseller and bewail how if only you had your Kindle you could save the time, gas, and taxes on top of getting it for only $10 ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
You poor thing.. Happy Early Birthday. My Birthday is just a few days after yours in the 17th. Have fun with your new baby

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Awwwwww, threaten to cut him off until he gives up the goods LOL that is just mean to keep you from your K for over 2 weeks!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
jgirvine said:
My husband got me a Kindle for my birthday. I asked for one. It arrived today. He took it to the front bedroom to plug it in and charge the battery. See, the problem is, my birthday is July 13 :(

So I have a question. I have already ordered some books from Amazon. If he has it plugged in, will it download the books? Does it come with whispernet turned on. He was only in the room for like 2 minutes. Sigh......
That's cruel. But I have to admit that I was giggling when I read this, it is funny that he's making you wait. I hope he gives in and gives it to you early though. You'll love your new gift.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Well if he's charging it tonight he might be planning on giving it to you when it's all charged up! Wouldn't that be cool? Congrats on your new toy!

Melissa

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Thats cruel and unusual punishment. LOL I don't think he understands how bad you NEED in that room.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
What a wonderful, loving spouse to buy you a Kindle for your birthday!  What a diabolical man to 'hide' it in the front bedroom, tell you that it is charging and NOT let you check it out until your birthday.  Seriously, enjoy your new gift -- when he finally lets you have it.  ;D

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Just remind him -- "what goes around comes around" -- he will either
a) have to sleep sometime
or
b) have a birthday of his own coming up

Ask him if he really REALLY wants to start something with this!  :eek:

·
Registered
323 Posts
You've gotta love all the devious minds on this forum. I vote for any of the tactics fore mentioned  ;D ;D ;D that will work. My personal favorite is threaten to cut him off until your kindle is hand. Happy Birthday and Happy Kindling. :D :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, guess what, I did not mention this in the first post.  Today is his 60th birthday.  Usually bd's are very low key around here.  I have decided to really really be MEAN.  Starting with the fact that I am meeting him for lunch and have a little surprise setup for that.  I believe in payback. 

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
jgirvine said:
Well, guess what, I did not mention this in the first post. Today is his 60th birthday. Usually bd's are very low key around here. I have decided to really really be MEAN. Starting with the fact that I am meeting him for lunch and have a little surprise setup for that. I believe in payback.
I like the way you play!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts