Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother called and told me my Kindle got delayed to december 15-26th! Gawd why did they delay it? This wait is going to kill me.

My husband bought me a 2g SD card and I think the tree of life Oberon cover(as a christmas present). Plus my MIL gave me a 75$ amazon gift card. My parents already sent me the book light.

Where's my dang Kindle?

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
I feel with  you. Same happened to me, even worse. Ordered on the 20th and had an initial delivery of December 16-18. Then suddenly it was changed first to the 29th of December, next time I checked it was pushed back to February 13-24.  :'(. I hope you get yours at least this year still.  Wishing you luck.

·
Registered
377 Posts
chobitz said:
My mother called and told me my Kindle got delayed to december 15-26th! Gawd why did they delay it? This wait is going to kill me.

My husband bought me a 2g SD card and I think the tree of life Oberon cover(as a christmas present). Plus my MIL gave me a 75$ amazon gift card. My parents already sent me the book light.

Where's my dang Kindle?
You're one of the lucky ones - looks like you will actually get yours before Christmas (most people are now looking at Presidents' Day, which is in FEBRUARY.

And, wow! What an awesome bunch of Kindle accessories you already know you're getting from your loved ones!! Some serious Kindle blessings should be counted for sure!! ;) You are Kindlely blessed!

-X-

I

·
0 Posts
I'm so sorry this is happening to you all.  I wish there was something I could do but we're all pretty much helpless here.  All I can say is hang in there, you will be glad you did once you finally do get your Kindle.  We'll be here to help you endure the long wait.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
chobitz said:

Where's my dang Kindle?
Ah Chobitz, what a bummer! But great accessories! (And did you know we're having a Dead Until Dark book club in January? Hopefully you'll have your Kindle looooong before that.

Betsy

·
Registered
260 Posts
chobitz said:

Where's my dang Kindle?
Sounds like you have a nice support system to get you through this dark, dark time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Its looking more and more like I'm delayed too  :'(

I'm annoyed.  Mostly because I ordered on 11/19 and my original date was mid-December.  I'd be okay with end of December.  Hell, I'd even be okay with early January.  But - I just looked again and I'm 2/26-3/10. 

I emailed customer service for an explanation.  They haven't gotten back to me.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Beth, aaargh! on your behalf.

I just ordered the one I'm giving my brother for his next 5 gifts, and expected a late date, but to have yours changed, aaargh!  It's happened to others, too, I know.  Interesting to know what you hear from customer service.

Betsy

B

·
0 Posts
That is so sad. I hope Amazon hasn't overextended itself. Seems like they have moved into desperation mode. Selling refurbs, risking losing sells by delays. I really wish that they had been a bit more proactive on trying to deter those buyers who immediately resold on eBay, especially those who arranged shipping directly from Amazon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don't worry, Betsy - I'll share if I ever get a response.

I could kick myself.  I've been waiting all year to get my bonus to get my Kindle.  I finally threw caution to the wind and said "ehh, I'll just order now" and blargh...I have to wait until next year.  I was really, really hoping to have it to play with over my Christmas vacation.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I am so sorry you are having to wait so long for you Kindle.  I can only tell you that the wait will be worth it. I love my Kindle and I know you will love yours also.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Beth said:
Don't worry, Betsy - I'll share if I ever get a response.

I could kick myself. I've been waiting all year to get my bonus to get my Kindle. I finally threw caution to the wind and said "ehh, I'll just order now" and blargh...I have to wait until next year. I was really, really hoping to have it to play with over my Christmas vacation.
You may want to call. I'm told their phone responses are quite good!

Betsy

·
Registered
11 Posts
There must have been a big surge in orders recently for yours to be delayed so much.  I ordered mine on Nov 9th and it was due to be shipped around Dec 1-3 and it arrived on Nov 25th.

Maybe there is just a screw up in the shipping dates.  Call them and check.

Jo

·
Registered
16 Posts
I heard back from them - sounds like I had wrong info on my order page - Thank Goodness!! I'm thinking of upgrading my shipping to next day :)

Their response:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

Thank you for asking about the availability of Amazon Kindle. Due to high customer demand, we do not have enough devices on hand to immediately fulfill the large number of orders we've received. We are working hard to manufacture Kindles as quickly as possible and are prioritizing orders on a first come, first served basis.

We'll certainly do our best to get your Kindle out to you as quickly as we can. We will keep you informed by email as we get more precise delivery dates. We're working hard to get Kindle to you. We still expect to ship your current order on December 15, 2008 - December 18, 2008 and deliver it by December 22, 2008 - January 2, 2009. I am very sorry that we gave you the wrong information.

We definitely appreciate your interest, and we apologize for any frustration caused by this situation.

Thank you, again, for your interest in Kindle.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Beth said:
I heard back from them - sounds like I had wrong info on my order page - Thank Goodness!! I'm thinking of upgrading my shipping to next day :)
I thought that might be it, glad it was so! Here hoping it even ships early. :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
I ordered mine in late August, and had to wait a week for it. That almost killed me! I could never wait six weeks -- I'd be camped out in from of Amazon HQ!

I

·
0 Posts
I'm thinking of upgrading my shipping to next day
Stop thinking...do it. You will be very happy that you did. The time from "Preparing for shipping" to "Delivered" is um stressful to say the least. It's worth a little extra cash for peace of mind. :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Beth said:
I can highly recommend the one day shipping as being worth the cost. I went nuts having to wait through the Thanksgiving holiday as it was, waiting longer would have really made me nutty - or maybe I should say nuttier than I already am ;)

Katiekat

1 - 20 of 30 Posts