Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered her about two weeks ago and even though Amazon said it's ship date was Dec 1, I've been checking 3 times a day.  The second time I checked Amazon today she was shipped (at least I think it's a she, I'll verify that when she gets here). 

I've restrained from buying any accessories yet.  I think I need to hold her for awhile before I decide if I like to read her neked or all dressed up.  I really do have an urge to buy a couple skins and a nice m-edge cover.  ohhh the anticipation is driving me insane.

I live in Minnesota, so getting my Kindle now is perfect timing - lots of time to read during those winter hibernation months.  And yes, it gets so cold here that your nostrils can freeze shut when in inhale.

I've been reading everything on KindleBoards for the last month and I figure I can finally join now that I'm an official owner (even though she's still sitting in a box on some UPS truck).  I'm so excited!  Everybody here seems so nice and helpful.  Can't wait to chat with you all.

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Welcome, Kim.  You didn't have to wait.  Plenty of "expectant owners" here.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard Kim,

Hope she/he arrives safe and sound and QUICKLY for you.

Feel free to talk anytime; you don't have to wait to be an official owner to post.

Nice to meet you

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.  I already feel like one of the family!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi Kim - nice to meet you!
I am so excited for you - what an unexpected treat that your new Kindle shipped early!  Please make sure you post when he/she arrives.  We all love those posts!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Welcome!

I think it's a good idea to wait and see on accessories. You'll probably also want to spend some money on books when you first get it.

Accessories can always be on your holiday wish lists!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Hi Kim! We are so glad you joined us, we have a lot of fun. I think we are a friendly bunch, maybe a little crazy  ;) (ck out the Australia thread under Not Quite Kindle) but definitely friendly. There is all kind of info here from Kindle tips, book recommendations to accessorizing. We all share a passion for reading and our Kindles!

I

·
0 Posts
I ordered mine on November 7th and it shipped last night.  The original estimate was December 1-4. 

While I haven't seen my Kindle yet, it is on the truck, paid for and I got the "Welcome to Kindle" email so I changed to "Kindle Owner".

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Vampyre:  I've been reading your posts on the "waiting for my Kindle to arrive" thread.  I think you are as excited as I am!  But I am very jealous - I did not upgrade my shipping so I have to wait until TUESDAY to get my new baby Kindle.  I can only imagine the feeling you'll have the first time you hold it!  I'm excited for you and so green with envy that I have to wait a few more days.

I

·
0 Posts
I understand completely.  The lil green monster was nipping at me all week as I kept seeing people get theirs.  I was happy for everyone  but at the sametime I was wanting mine.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi, Kim -

Glad you decided to "un-lurk" and join the gang here at kindleboards, a very supportive and fun group of people. You will definitely enjoy the Kindle when it finally arrives to your house.

Sandpiper,

Sandpiper said:
Welcome, Kim. You didn't have to wait. Plenty of "expectant owners" here.
This is the perfect phrase! Maybe this could become a seperate board topic all on its own ???

Cheers,

Marci

I

·
0 Posts
I am at work now.  Once I get caught up here a little, I aim to do some Kindlin'  :)  I can't keep my hands of it right now.  :)  Mine mine mine, allllll miiiiiinnnnnne!!!!!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Kim, welcome! So excited to hear that your Kindle will be in your hands soon...

L

·
Registered
869 Posts
Vampyre said:
I can't keep my hands of it right now. :) Mine mine mine, allllll miiiiiinnnnnne!!!!!
That's the spirit, Vampyre! This is exactly how I feel about MK!

Come on, you gonna name your new BFF???? :D

Marci

I

·
0 Posts
Why?  It doesn't need a name.  I was concidering making up a silly parody story but decided against it  It could be considered offensive and I do not want to hurt any NoK's feelings.

woo hoo time to go home!!! Supper time!!!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
kim said:
I ordered her about two weeks ago and even though Amazon said it's ship date was Dec 1, I've been checking 3 times a day. The second time I checked Amazon today she was shipped (at least I think it's a she, I'll verify that when she gets here).

I've restrained from buying any accessories yet. I think I need to hold her for awhile before I decide if I like to read her neked or all dressed up. I really do have an urge to buy a couple skins and a nice m-edge cover. ohhh the anticipation is driving me insane.

I live in Minnesota, so getting my Kindle now is perfect timing - lots of time to read during those winter hibernation months. And yes, it gets so cold here that your nostrils can freeze shut when in inhale.

I've been reading everything on KindleBoards for the last month and I figure I can finally join now that I'm an official owner (even though she's still sitting in a box on some UPS truck). I'm so excited! Everybody here seems so nice and helpful. Can't wait to chat with you all.
Kim, fantastic news. We love being in countdown mode with expectant owners. As for accessories, you may find you need just the perfect bag, you'll find lots of good suggestions in Accessories, a lot of them in the thread about accessories that haven't been invented yet, which changed into a bag/purse discussion--I really need to change the subject! Also, as Vampyre did, you can change the user bar in your signature to Kindle Owner. See http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,344.msg3885.html#msg3885 for how to do that!

Betsy

1 - 20 of 27 Posts