Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my Kindle, loaded with the newly purchased Baling with me to have my vehicle windshield repaired. The repairman was standing over me when he was finished before I noticed him. He said "mam that is sure some fancy book thing you have there." I still haven't seen another one except that my niece has one.

My eye doctor did notice mine and say "are you as crazy about that thing as my brother-in-law is about his?" I replied "probably."

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I saw the title of this thread and was afraid your Kindle went wild in a bad way...ie, broke. Glad to know that wasn't the case, Dori!

L

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
That is what I thought also Leslie - sorta cool someone we know kindle being the one in the wild though,

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a 90+ little lady come up to me and ask me about it. She thought it was a portable DVD player and kept waiting to see my movie start - LOL - she was very intrigued by my K2 and she loved how I could adjust the font size. I love showing off my K2 and am excited for my rose skin to come in from DecalGirl so it will look even more snazy!

·
Registered
530 Posts
bookfiend said:
Dori, glad your kindle got admirered today in the wild, my just gets ignored. ;D
LOL mine too mostly. I did get asked on my cruise last week a few questions by a guy who thought that because he could not get wireless his books would not be accessble to him and they would be removed from his Kindle so he had been reluctant to turn his on while on the cruise. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've been asked about my Kindle several times and have been happy to share the obsession, but yesterday a waitress actually wanted to hold it!  :eek:  I held my breath the whole time.  I think that's the closest I've ever been to a panic attack.  She even wanted to see how light it was outside of it's Oberon cover!  I obliged, but I hope I never have to go through that again.  It really was a traumatic experience.  :-\

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Patra, I completely understand.  I seem to hold my breath when someone wants to hold my K.  I'm not an overly protective person, but it just scares me. 
deb

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Patra said:
I've been asked about my Kindle several times and have been happy to share the obsession, but yesterday a waitress actually wanted to hold it! :eek: I held my breath the whole time. I think that's the closest I've ever been to a panic attack. She even wanted to see how light it was outside of it's Oberon cover! I obliged, but I hope I never have to go through that again. It really was a traumatic experience. :-\
I don't mind handing over my Kindle in its cover, but I think I'd be a little freaked out, too, if someone wanted to hold it naked.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gonna let my Kindle Klassic go wild again this week.  My gr8 nephew has golf camp for two hours each day that I have him this week.  I will take a lawn chair, water
and Kindle.  I won't mind the two hour wait.  I am reading The Art of Racing in the Rain.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I saw the title and thought went wild what happend. I am glad to find out your kindle classic is Okay. ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Dori said:
Gonna let my Kindle Klassic go wild again this week. My gr8 nephew has golf camp for two hours each day that I have him this week. I will take a lawn chair, water
and Kindle. I won't mind the two hour wait. I am reading The Art of Racing in the Rain.
That sounds like absolutely perfect Kindling time!

L

1 - 15 of 15 Posts