Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I purchased a new car and today was the only day I had to go to the county treasurer’s office to pay the sales tax and license the new car.  This is always a time consuming process, so I made sure my Kindle was with me as I left the office.  When I got to my car I could not find my car keys.  I laid my Kindle on top of the car while hunting for the keys, making sure it was not too close to the edge. 

While looking for the keys, I was making a mental list of the things I needed to take into the treasurer’s office – papers from dealership, proof of insurance, etc.  Found the key, got in the car and started it.  I didn’t see my Kindle in the front seat and was puzzled because I specifically wanted it with me for this trip.  However, I thought I had forgotten to pick it up when I left the office.  Oh well. . .  put on my shades, put the car in gear and drove off. 

The treasurer’s office is a couple of miles from work.  I pulled into a parking space, retrieved all the documentation, got out of the car and locked it.  I heard someone saying “Maam . . . Maam. . .”  I looked up and a couple of guys on the sidewalk were pointing at my car.  Finally I heard they say something about the roof – I looked back and there was my Kindle, still on the roof of my car.  It had travelled on the roof for two miles!  I can’t explain the sick feeling as it dawned on me what I had done.  I am so grateful my Kindle is alive and well.    And thank goodness for the two men that noticed something was on the car!  Surely I would have noticed it when I left the treasurer’s office. . .?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
OMG!! :eek:
Wow so glad your Kindle made it.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Wow, Lucky day for you. I say your Kindle deserves a new skin after that!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Wow, my stomach twisted a little bit with that one.  Yikes. 

Glad it survived.
deb

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Crazy story there! Glad it survived. This for some reason just reminded me of pranks on TV where they put a doll in a car seat for babies, put the car seat on the roof, and they slowly drive through the parking lot with the "baby" on the roof.  :eek: The peoples reactions as you can imagine!  :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was a nice day today -- I thought my K wanted to go for a convertible ride. . .  Seriously my K is in an Oberon Butterfly cover - velcro. 

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Another example of the superpowers of the Kindle! Glad it didn't want to try and fly, though.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Oh, I was so afraid your story was going to end badly! Glad the Kindle hung on!

Kind said:
Crazy story there! Glad it survived. This for some reason just reminded me of pranks on TV where they put a doll in a car seat for babies, put the car seat on the roof, and they slowly drive through the parking lot with the "baby" on the roof. :eek: The peoples reactions as you can imagine! :eek: :eek:
^^And that's just wrong!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I have left something on the car before, but it flew off immediately. I can't believe your K stayed put. It must have hung for dear life. And they wonder why we like our Oberon covers so much. lol Glad it turned out OK. :)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
The next thing we know Oberons will be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.   ;D
deb

1 - 20 of 40 Posts