Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cycling and a collision happened in front of me. I dropped my bike and my kindle broke in the saddle bag. It was the only fatality (thank goodness) but I'm now beginning the five stages of grief  :(

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Encender Vaquero said:
I was cycling and a collision happened in front of me. I dropped my bike and my kindle broke in the saddle bag. It was the only fatality (thank goodness) but I'm now beginning the five stages of grief :(
Dude that sucks.

Would a Kindle 2 help you feel better? Or maybe a gently used Kindle 1?

Too early to think about it, I understand.

·
Registered
361 Posts
That is terrible about your kindle, but like you said, Thank Heaven there were no fatalities. Were you hurt?
Good luck geting a new "little buddy"
Kristie

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Encender Vaquero said:
I was cycling and a collision happened in front of me. I dropped my bike and my kindle broke in the saddle bag. It was the only fatality (thank goodness) but I'm now beginning the five stages of grief :(
Oh man, I am so sorry. I would be lost without my Kindle. {{{Encender Vaquero}}}

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Encender Vaquero said:
I am sorry about your Kindle. I am glad you were not hurt.

G

·
Just know that he is in a better place now.  A place where the battery never dies, Whispernet is every where and all books are free.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Encender Vaquero said:
Oh, EV, that is just awful! I'm glad you are OK, but oh your poor kindle! :'( :'( :'( :'(
Have you contacted Amazon? Maybe you can get one of those 1/2 price replacements we have heard about.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Good to know you are okay. Any way to bring that Kindle back to life? Try giving it CPR??  :D  I guess the warranty wouldn't cover such incidents?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the sentiment, y'all.  Didn't fully realize how much I depended on the ol' gal 'til she was gone *sniff*. Bike landed pretty hard on the curb when I dumped it and stepping on it on the way to assist the drivers probably did her no good. Screen broke 'n the case cracked diagonally through the scroll wheel. Heard a tinkling when I shook it 'n and I'm sure it wasn't from me--I'd done that already when the van flew through the air in fronta me  ;)

It's out of warranty so no 1/2 price one for me and no k2 ordered. Loved my klassic and won't replace her with a sexy model--thoughts of it having been a k2 in that instance, with the text to speech? and heard her scream? *shivers*. In the end it was my fault, it was my 2nd brush with death today and I didn't heed the fates 'n stay home.

But I'm alive and I'll shop for another klassic tomorow.  :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kind said:
Good to know you are okay. Any way to bring that Kindle back to life? Try giving it CPR?? :D I guess the warranty wouldn't cover such incidents?
Nope, pronounced at the scene. Do recommend the extended warranty now, with the added accidental damage rider. Hindsight's 2020 though :p

1 - 20 of 305 Posts