Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Kindle 2, plugged it in, turned it on, went to the home page and put it to sleep.  Now I can't wake it up.  Are there any tricks to getting it to wake up?  It's just a simple slide of the power switch, right?  Am I supposed to hold it in place until it wakes up?

I'll be so sad if there's something wrong...   :(

And to be honest, this is DH's Kindle.  I just was nice and opened it up for him so it would be all charged and ready for him when gets home tonight.   ;D

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
He's gonna think you broke it!!!  :eek:  I don't have the K2, so hopefully somebody will be able to help you out.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Maybe try resetting it.  Slide the power button over and hold it for 15 seconds.  That is supposed to reset it.  Hope that works for you.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
When mine froze 15 seconds wasn't long enough.... Had to hold the switch about 30 seconds....

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help!

It took two reboots.  Long one!  :)

The first one got me to the home page and then it froze again.  The second one and I'm in business.

Another possible problem...

I noticed that the powercord connection is very loose.  The charging light flashes off and on.  Is this normal?  My K1 doesn't do this - it has a very firm connection.  Maybe this is how it froze in the first place?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I noticed that the powercord connection is very loose. The charging light flashes off and on. Is this normal? My K1 doesn't do this - it has a very firm connection. Maybe this is how it froze in the first place?
Another person reported problems with his K2 charging....keep a close eye, this might be a problem.

L

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Leslie said:
Another person reported problems with his K2 charging....keep a close eye, this might be a problem.

L
I had an issue with that too - but I am waiting a day or two just in case I wasn't seating the plug in well enough

·
Registered
921 Posts
KindleMom said:
Thanks for the help!

It took two reboots. Long one! :)

The first one got me to the home page and then it froze again. The second one and I'm in business.

Another possible problem...

I noticed that the powercord connection is very loose. The charging light flashes off and on. Is this normal? My K1 doesn't do this - it has a very firm connection. Maybe this is how it froze in the first place?
Yeah, like Leslie said, watch that. My connection is not loose at all and it doesn't flash. I just get the solid yellow light glowing.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The plug should definitely have a positive feel, shouldn't feel loose at all.

Are you sure you plugged it in all the way?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The cord connection is a problem.  The amber light won't stay lit even when I'm not messing with it so I called Amazon and I will get a new Kindle on Friday.  Whoot!  I mean DH will get a new Kindle on Friday.  ;)

And I've had to reset twice more - so four times total.  Clearly there's more wrong with this Kindle than just the power connection.  So a huge shout out to Amazon and their wonderful customer service!  Bravo, Amazon!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Too bad you had a dud, but I'm glad they're taking good care of you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts