Kindle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking forward to receiving my Kindle 2  on Feb. 25th. My husband ordered it for me as an early birthday/Valentine's gift.  I will be paying and ordering the books myself and want it under my credit account, not my husbands. How do I go about that?  Do I have to wait until it arrives to order books for download?  I am so excited and have been reading this forum for days! I have wanted one since I saw it on Oprah's show last fall.
  Kdawna

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can de-register it from your husband's account and re-register it under your Amazon account.

I've never done this, so I'm not really sure how it works.  However, I'm sure another Kindleboarder will be along soon to give you more details.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi and welcome Kdawna!  I'm in the same situation as you, receiving it as a gift from hubby.  I think when the K arrives, you can register it to your account.  I think I read something about it somewhere.....I'll have to see if I can dig it up again.

Have fun on KB!  There's lots of great topics and people here.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Hi Kwanda.

If you register your Kindle under a different account hten your husbands, it becomes more difficult to share books. Maybe you can work out an arrangement regarding payment for books so that you can read the books the other buys.

Or maybe you read totally different stuff and you don't need to share so it is not important to you. Then feel free to ignore me. ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Veronica said:
I'm pretty sure you can de-register it from your husband's account and re-register it under your Amazon account.

I've never done this, so I'm not really sure how it works. However, I'm sure another Kindleboarder will be along soon to give you more details.
I believe this is true. I just asked my good friend how he did it. And he mentioned the same method.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
kdawna said:
Do I have to wait until it arrives to order books for download?
You can order books before hand while you wait.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Kind said:
You can order books before hand while you wait.
It's better not to if it's going to be deregistered from the account that it was bought on and registered to another account. Those books probably won't follow along to the new account.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think I can order books until I transfer it to my name. Don't you have to have some #'s from the Kindle to transfer the acct?
Someone mentioned sharing books... I think they meant with my husband. Well he isn't much of a reader so when I get it , it will be mine, mine mine!!! My daughter is the only one I would let borrow it... and I don't know how attached I will be to mine.... maybe I won't want to let anyone borrow it. You all sound like you are quite attached to you Kindle's. I have been known to be kind of selfish with some of my stuff!
Kdawna

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
That was me. The way I read your original post, it sounded like your Husband had a Kindle as well and you were going to be keeping seperate Kindle accounts.

Why do I get the feeling that it will be a litle while before your daughter is going to get to touch your Kindle? :)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
You have to be careful with letting the daughter "borrow" your kindle... When my DD came to visit at Thanksgiving, I was showing her how the Whispernet worked and she saw the sample for the first Twilight book on my home page and asked if she could try out buying the book from there. I saw no harm and let her download on the spot. Three days later, I got my Kindle back when she left to go back to Houston and she had finished reading not just the first Twilight book, but the second one as well!!  :eek:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
  My husband has his own "toy"(as I call it), an IPOD Nano. He isn't into reading so I doubt if he will want to borrow my Kindle. It was really sweet of him to buy it for me since it is expensive to me.  My daughter actually lent me all of her Twilight series books awhile back and I read them, and actually liked them.  Reading is my "thing" and am so excited knowing I will receive my Kindle in a few short days!!!  My daughter will be too busy to borrow mine, she is starting nursing school and won't have time to do any extra reading.
  Kdawna

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Cool. You are in the clear.

I like that my Nano is small enough to fit into my Oberon cover for my Kindle. Traveling is going to be so much easier when all I need to bring on the plane is a purse.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts