Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mailbox is at the curb.  My mailman drives a postal truck.  I know he's glad I have a Kindle.  Now he doesn't have to make a lot of trips to my doorstep.  Of course that means he's not getting his exercise. 

I'm glad I don't have to dispose and recycle the packaging the books came in.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
We have a pretty big mailbox, a lot of times the boxes fit in the mailbox.  Although it's not far to walk to our door.  I am glad (1) that we have less to dispose of and (2) that my husband can stop complaining about boxes arriving quite so often.  Now if I could only download accessories...

Betsy

·
Registered
151 Posts
My mail carrier won't even leave things on our porch anymore.  I got my skins in and by the time I get home PO is closed so I had to wait almost a whole week to go pick them up.  I'm hoping when my Kindle comes that its a Fri. so I only have to wait a day and I will be there at 6:30 A.M. at the window box to get it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My mail carrier is a sore subject.  I sometimes get older hardback books off of Ebay, etc.  These are books in great condition that I plan on keeping.  We have one of those awful "community" mail boxes, where there is fifteen small boxes in one box.  The back of the boxes are larger than the front and I am now up to about the seventh time my postal carrier has shoved a book in there excrutiatingly tight, and of course, from the front of the box it is absolutely impossible to get it out let alone sometimes the books get damaged from being squeezed in there.  I always call and complain, it is out of pure laziness as the carrier does not want to spend the time having to make an extra stop to bring it to my door, so they jam it all in there.  Then they always tell me I have to wait till the next day when the carrier returns to get it out.  At that point I always just say thank and turn them into the main USPS site.  I always get apologies, promises that it won't happen again, and it always does :(  I try and use other methods of shipping to avoid that if I can.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Now if I could only download accessories...

Betsy
The world as we know it would come to an end.;)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Diana said:
My mail carrier is a sore subject. I sometimes get older hardback books off of Ebay, etc. These are books in great condition that I plan on keeping. We have one of those awful "community" mail boxes, where there is fifteen small boxes in one box. The back of the boxes are larger than the front and I am now up to about the seventh time my postal carrier has shoved a book in there excrutiatingly tight, and of course, from the front of the box it is absolutely impossible to get it out let alone sometimes the books get damaged from being squeezed in there. I always call and complain, it is out of pure laziness as the carrier does not want to spend the time having to make an extra stop to bring it to my door, so they jam it all in there. Then they always tell me I have to wait till the next day when the carrier returns to get it out. At that point I always just say thank and turn them into the main USPS site. I always get apologies, promises that it won't happen again, and it always does :( I try and use other methods of shipping to avoid that if I can.
I could tell you stories about the poor service we get from the USPS. Grrr... Illegal things like refusing to deliver to our area, complaining to the PTB and having them tell us, "But they are delivering to you. It says right here they are!" And that's just one example. I'm not sure how to fix it, but something should be done.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I get pretty much everything sent to my work address after having some odd issues with the UPS/USPS guys at my house. The most notable is when my roommate and I both bought an Obama t-shirt, and instead of leaving it at our door when we weren't home, the UPS guy THREW the package over the fence of our patio and left it there.

It was a couple of t-shirts, so it wasn't a big deal, but what if it had been my Kindle or something breakable?

What's worse, is the post office in Michigan where I used to live would send things BACK if they didn't have our post office box number on them. Nevermind that they had the street address, and our street address was connected to our post office box, if it had no P.O. Box number on it, they sent it back as return to sender.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was worried about my first skin arriving from Decal Girls and whether or not the mailman would try and cram it in my box.  Thankfully he left it between my storm door and the front door and it was protected from the elements.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Now if I could only download accessories...

Betsy
You mean you can't download accessories. Its easy. You buy the item online and tell them you want it send by teleport. You then go over to your teleportation machine, hit receive, and there it is. No problem at all. And to make it easier, teleportation machines are coming down in price every day, especially now that Sony has entered the market with their low priced "mini tele" model. I'm surprised you don't have one yet.

Steve

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
stevene9 said:
You mean you can't download accessories. Its easy. You buy the item online and tell them you want it send by teleport. You then go over to your teleportation machine, hit receive, and there it is. No problem at all. And to make it easier, teleportation machines are coming down in price every day, especially now that Sony has entered the market with their low priced "mini tele" model. I'm surprised you don't have one yet.

Steve
Ordered mine from Amazon. Got an estimated shipping date of 3/15 to 3/30, 2050

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
stevene9 said:

Steve
Too funny!!!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
We have no problem with our mail carrier shes great. She makes sure we get our mail and  all the good gossip on the block, and she checks up on our elderly neighbors  who live alone.

·
Registered
860 Posts
We had a mail carrier like that when I was a kid.  He came to all our school/church events and was even a pallbearer at my brother's funeral.  I still get Christmas cards from him each year.

They don't make 'em like that anymore.  The invention of the community box doesn't help things either.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
We have an extra large mailbox, most everything fits into it. My Carrier will deliver to the door on the infrequent times that they will not. She is also friendly and keeps an eye on the neighborhood.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
stevene9 said:
Ebay has them at a slight premium but with a better delivery date.
Waiting for the Kindle has brought my masochistic tendency to the point that I'll just wait the 41 years. ;)

·
Registered
621 Posts
tessa said:
We have no problem with our mail carrier shes great. She makes sure we get our mail and all the good gossip on the block, and she checks up on our elderly neighbors who live alone.
Our mail carrier is excellent, also. We have a sign on our front door saying "NO bell. Please come round to the back" and although we didn't mean it for the mail carrier because there is a box by the door, he also comes round the back with the mail!

Patricia

1 - 20 of 26 Posts