Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my Kindle with the Mora skin from Decal Girl. I opted for the Amazon cover because I like the use of the hinges but I didn't care for the "look" so I bought some red faux crocodile/snake? leather off eBay to revamp it. All I did was take off the inner part (it's just glued on), wrapped and glued the outer shell in the red and then glued the inner back on lol. My intention WAS to make good use of my Hello Kitty sewing machine :p but then I noticed how easy it was to just use glue lol.

Anyhow, here are the photos.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
What a good job. That is a beautiful skin and I can't believe that is the Amazon cover. It looks great. :)

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
THAT is an awesome redo!  Looks terrific with that skin as well!

As much as I love my Oberon, I suspect at some point I'll end up doing something like this to get a thinner, lighter weight cover.  Or some variety. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all!  ;D  Yeah, the Amazon cover really is nicely compact.

I had ordered a yard of the fabric so I have lots left.  I may end up making a little matching purse.

luvmy4brats, I used Liquid Stitch.  It's for "stitchless sewing".  :D

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
LEM, That cover is beautiful and the decalgirl skin, ooh la la.  I have an extreme aversion to snakes so I will just call it a crocodile cover.  I love the creativity of the members here that post their "modifications" to otherwise "plain" covers to make them more personal and lovely.  I have tried to make a couple of covers/modifications and so far have not been successful (but will probably keep trying).

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
WoW the cover looks great. I wish I could do that with mine. I have no talent doing someting like that.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Did you use heat to get the glue soft before you took it off?  You did a great job.  There are many things I like about the Amazon cover but that outer shell is not one of them.  Anyway to list out how you did it?  I'm not good at sewing and I'm not a crafty person at all.  But I do follow directions well.  I'd appreciate anything you can list here.

Thanks.

PS  That's faux snake by the way.  Croc skin scales are a little more uniform. lol ;D

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
LunarEarthMama said:
Here's my Kindle with the Mora skin from Decal Girl. I opted for the Amazon cover because I like the use of the hinges but I didn't care for the "look" so I bought some red faux crocodile/snake? leather off eBay to revamp it. All I did was take off the inner part (it's just glued on), wrapped and glued the outer shell in the red and then glued the inner back on lol. My intention WAS to make good use of my Hello Kitty sewing machine :p but then I noticed how easy it was to just use glue lol.

Anyhow, here are the photos.

images removed
That is absolutely beautiful and so clever!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Quite nice. Lots of talent and imagination!

·
Registered
473 Posts
WOW, you did a beautiful job! I know what everyone means about liking the Amazon covers, sleek slim lines. I also feel that way, but a plain black case it just NOT pretty!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
That is great! What a terrific idea. Now I wish I hadn't gotten rid of my Amazon cover. Oh well, it's gone to a good home.

L

1 - 20 of 77 Posts