Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I think I know more about the Kindle than you do....

:D

Hi everyone. I'm from WA. That's all for now.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i only know how to hit Next :eek: welcome

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol oh yea? ask me a question about the amazon kindle and i probably know the answer...

·
Registered
224 Posts
hehe truly i shopfor books online through amazon mostly. once i start a book i read it through. i like when i turn it on its saved my spot  ;D so i just use NEXT  ;D

·
Registered
731 Posts
OK...

Why does Amazon make it so hard to browse the Kindle bookstore?

Where is the index file for books on a SD card stored?

When will "Now Now" be removed from the Experimental section?

B

·
0 Posts
When will we get a software upgrade that will provide organizational folders?

And how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Kindle?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NowNow has been discontinued and who knows if and when it will be back, I would assume the next software upgrade that Amazon releases for the Kindle will remove it from the Experimental section, but that's just my assumption.

I find that the bookstore on the Kindle works perfectly fine, although I admit that I mostly use it for searching, not necessarily browsing. As far as organizational folders, I have no idea I don't make the kindle haha I just know a lot about it, in its current state.

And the index file on an SD card. Guess I don't know that one, since I really don't utilize the SD card feature. If you don't use an SD card the battery life is much better. The SD cards aren't very nice to the battery, especially if you take it [the sd card] out often because then the Kindle has to index it...all over...each time.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Anthony, welcome. Glad to have you here.

We have quite a few knowledgeable people who are good at answering Kindle questions. Welcome to the club.

L

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi, Anthony -

Glad you are here.  And that another Washingtonian has joined the KBs  :D  (I'm in the Seattle area)

Take a look around, visit the Troubleshooting board to share your knowledge.

Marci

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome Anthony - we can always use another expert - questions get answered faster and it takes the load off of Leslie.  I sure don't know anything other than how to read on it - but that's what I got it for.

Glad to have you here  8)

Happy reading -

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
AcBush said:
This is great. We were looking for an expert just yesterday. Are the two Next Page, Back, Prev Page button click events unique so that they might be optionally selectable? The thought was that if a user could optionally turn off either the left or right set of buttons in the software, it might solve some of the accidental pages turns.

·
Registered
509 Posts
AcBush said:

:D

Hi everyone. I'm from WA. That's all for now.
And I think you've joined with an arrogant attitude. I don't care if you're the Kindle's chief designer, or you're Jeff Bezos. If you're refusing to tell this community how you've obtained your vast Kindle knowledge because you're breaking some agreement with Amazon by doing so, I'm not favorably impressed. Tell us why you're such an expert or stop holding it over our heads and you may warm up my opinion of you. Till then, you're just like "Boy Genius" to me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Anthony!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Anthony, I am the official welcome lady and want to welcome you again, glad you are here!

I would like to make a suggestion that you not be so condescending in your posts. We appreciate your knowledge and your participation. There are many knowledgeable members here. I would also suggest that you post in a more tactful manner so that you and others will enjoy your participation. We are a very friendly bunch and this is a great, informative, fun place.

I think if you post in a kinder manner you will receive kinder replies. :)

Thanks,
Linda

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Welcome Anthony...I for one appreciated your original post and suggestion. I am here to learn about books and tips about my kindle.  I hope you will post more tips.  You probably saved a lot of people future trouble by informing the board about the custom screensavers and the warranty. I hadn't heard that anywhere else and according to Amazon's CS you are right. 

1 - 20 of 33 Posts