Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now it sounds cool to me when I say it in my Antonio Bandaras voice, biting off the last syllable. Or maybe Mandy Patinkin in The Princess Bride: "My name is Inigo Montoya"

I think 'Desmond X. Torres' is a cool pen name. Okay, maybe not 'James Bond' cool. Maybe not 'Han Solo' cool, but y'know… it's a start! I came up with it because 'Antonio Bandaras' was already in use. Rats.

It's sort of ironic. I've been a reader for years. Not a super duper reader, but at least a 'I read a book in bed before going to sleep' sort of reader. Not magazines. Gotta be a book. Now that ebooks are so ubiquitous, I won't be having the luv of my life irritated with me for keeping the light on till all hours.

And that's a good thing.

Currently, I read on my netbook- the Kindle's coming for my birthday I think. Or sooner. If I'm <<nice>> to the luv of my life!

Started writing 11 months ago. Yep. On May 1st last year I sat down to 'Write that d*mn book'. Oooo! How novel am I! There aren't any book things under my name right now, b/c this is my first post. I'll probably put those book things down there to flog my books, but I'm going to be honest here.

I'm at Kindle Boards because I had a great time at the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards boards when a book I helped with was in contention. It really was a gas. Yeah, I'll probably be hanging a lot at the writer's café, but here's the thing: I got turned onto a few really good books there that I've loved, met and chatted with some really cool people there that I'm friendly with now, and finally, had a great experience overall.

I'm looking to have a similar experience here.
Except there's a problem.

THIS PLACE IS A TIME VAMPIRE!

I mean- I've been on the site for over an hour and a half now. I actually have read the information for authors, and I've read the posting rules.
Then I started looking at various threads.

Argh!

Too many really, really good threads, so little time! I've seen some pretty cool opinions posted and explained and so on. This site's good. Really good. Good to a fault kind of good. Too d*mn interesting and I have a Friday night ahead of me that I'm not going to take advantage of kind of good!

Not gonna flog my book very much here. I have grown to hate FB and Twitter for the relentless flogging going on there, and I don't want to be one of those people. If people like what I say, they'll check my stuff out I think. Because that's what I do. This is a place for people to discuss all things Kindle, not turn me into the next Howey. (Who btw is a heck of a nice guy and a terrific author.)

So I'm waving at all y'all, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy hanging out here. Everyone who's posts I've read has seemed pretty cool. It's a gas how many colors of cool there are.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to jump over to another wicked post and give a hug and a bloody mary to a 'Failed Writer Who Walked Into A Bar'&#8230; (http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,145143.0.html#.UUzZ9Bek80M ) see what I meant about colors of cool?

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Welcome to KB!

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Hi Desmond,

Welcome to the boards.  Nice to meet you.  Enjoy the community.  :)

Lee

1 - 10 of 10 Posts