Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've installed Audible on my Acer Aspire One, but when I use a USB cable to connect to my Kindle3, the Acer does not recognize the Kindle.  Is there something special I must do to change this connection from charging mode to a data transfer mode?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Hmmm, struggling to think of what to suggest for this one... :(

First place to start, is the Aspire running Windows, and if so which version (XP, Vista, 7)? There are some Aspire's with a custom Linux on them (Linpus), I had one in the past: if it's that then it probably doesn't have the right drivers on it. If it is that then you'd probably be better off looking for Linpus forums, but be warned, you will have to be able to speak Linux pretty well! ;D

If it is Windows, what happens when you plug the Kindle in? Tell us what the Kindle does (nothing, charging light only, connected to PC screen) and what the Aspire does (any messages appear?).

Mike posted in parallel with me, but his question is valid, what exactly did you install? You don't need Audible on your PC to connect to a Kindle.

Reply with some details and we'll think about it some more.  ;D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.