Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been finalizing details with my cover artist, Glendon Haddix, and couldn't be happier about what he has produced. He is in the middle of a move right now, and I was very fortunate that he squeezed me into his schedule. Once things get settled down in another month, I would definitely recommend him. He has been responsive and his prices are quite reasonable. This is for the sequel to The Devil's Deep.

Here is the blurb for the product description, as I have it now.

Only one person knows that Walter Fitzroy is trapped in the living prison of his own paralyzed body and she is a psychopath. Jealous to hide her boyfriend, Darlene Trost makes sure that nobody realizes he suffers from near total paralysis, victim of a crime that left him with only the ability to blink his eyes. If necessary, she will kill to keep her secret.

When medical investigator Becca Gull approaches the private medical facility of Vanderzee Springs in search of sufferers of locked-in syndrome, people alive within their own brains but vegetables to the outside world, she quickly learns that administration intends to stonewall her investigation. To confirm her suspicions about a missing patient, she must go undercover and join the army of aides who care for the sick and mentally ill of some of the country's wealthiest families. But as she digs deeper, she learns that nobody is safe when the wealthy and powerful wish to bury their past.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cblewgolf said:
Very cool cover, Michael.

You must be writing 20hrs a day!
It sure feels like that at the moment. :)

I've been working at this for the last twenty years and feel that I finally have a legitimate shot and have determined not to let the opportunity pass because I was too lazy to do what needed to be done. I feel like I'm succeeding on the writing front, producing solid new material, but I wish I were not so overwhelmed by the marketing stuff. All the FB/blogging/Twitter/podcasting stuff leaves me scratching my head. I don't even have a web site at this point. Lame.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Re: the website - you can probably pay someone (or bribe a friend) to set up wordpress as your homepage. If you're familiar with blogger, you'll find wordpress to be a breeze to update, and it's free! You just have to have your page hosted.

I installed wordpress myself, and I'm pretty tech-stupid.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Great cover Michael. Having read THE DEVIL'S DEEP--including the POV of the guy with locked-in syndrome--I'd say this new cover very effectively conveys that desperate feeling.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My new book is out. My gut says that it's pretty good, but when you work, your focus can be so narrow for so long that it's hard to tell for sure. Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Congrats & best of luck to you.  Hope you have similar success as your other titles.
$3.99, eh?  Wish you even MORE luck!

Should I read Devil's Deep first?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cblewgolf said:
Congrats & best of luck to you. Hope you have similar success as your other titles.
$3.99, eh? Wish you even MORE luck!

Should I read Devil's Deep first?
Yes, I think so. Devil's Deep is only 99 cents at the moment, and it remains my best-reviewed book.

·
Registered
627 Posts
MichaelWallace said:
It sure feels like that at the moment. :)

I've been working at this for the last twenty years and feel that I finally have a legitimate shot and have determined not to let the opportunity pass because I was too lazy to do what needed to be done.
You are one inspiring mofo.

;)

Thanks for that :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts