Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Looks grungy good and has me playing Led Zeppelin in my head.

:)

(I don't think it makes much difference, but in the thumbnail I have a bit of trouble reading the first word-IN The dark grey blends with the background colour.)

·
Registered
305 Posts
I like all of it but your name. Since the rest of it is grunged, the author name being pure white jars a little. But the real issue is the very uneven kerning. Compared to the rest of the lettering there is far too much room between the D and the Y, and the S, W, and A. It really needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I can't figure out how to make my photobucket pic bigger than a thumbnail.
It's got a lot of detail to it.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hi,

I'll agree with the others, the 'N' is hard to read and the author's name being so crisp against the grunge of the cover and other words jarrs a little. However my real issue would be that the cover tells me nothing about the book. Is this a horror, an old man reminising, a biography? Remember your cover is the first thing that customers see and it should not just grab their eyes it should tell them a little bit about the book, enough to make them think about reading the blurb.

Cheers, Greg.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'd use a different font. The #1 mistake most people make with Kindle book covers is that it may look amazing when viewed large, but hard to read when viewed as a thumbnail and most of the time, people will see your thumbnail cover (not the large one) and decide from that whether to click and find out more about your book.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts