Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the UPS page says it was delivered to my front door at noon, today June 15th, only UPS never even came on my street.  My call to Amazon Customer Service wasn't much help.  They won't send me a new replacement Kindle DX until after June 22.  The only help they are providing is to say that I won't be charged for any books, if purchased for the DX.  
No signature was required on the package.  Amazon is now only requiring a signature if the item is over $700.
:'(
luvshihtzu

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Ugh... I'm glad they aren't giving you any problems sending out another though.  This is the second time I've heard of this happening, the other one was a replacement that went to the wrong place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I honestly cant believe my kindle was sitting outside my house for like 3 hours when it was delivered. It's not like it says Kindle on the box or anything...

I'm sorry bout what happened though.

·
Super Moderator
67,559 Posts
Did you contact UPS?

Also, I'd call Amazon back and discuss it further.  Their website shows that they'll have more in stock by the 17th so they certainly ought to get one out to you sooner than the 22nd.  You may get a different answer from a different CS rep and, if you don't, ask to speak to a supervisor.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I believe it does say Amazon Kindle on the outside of the box.  My K2 did and I believe the DX is packaged the same way.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Did you call UPS? See what they have to say. I have been wondering about all the reports of Kindles being listed as delivered and never arriving. I wonder how many are left at the wrong location and how many are just stolen.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Customer Service person for Amazon "supposedly" talked to someone at UPS and I also called the UPS  1-800 number.  My call only verified that they did have my address and gave the same delivery information.  We have checked with all of our neighbors and no one has seen it or had it delivered to their door.  So, I'll call Customer Service back and try to talk to a supervisor.
luvshihtzu

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hopefully some neighbor has it and will be honest enough to bring it to you.  Maybe when more people come home from work?  This happens here all the time and I have always gotten my stuff and/or delivered my neighbors stuff to them.  Keep us posted!

·
Registered
404 Posts
We used to have a Fed Ex guy who would leave the shipping facility (or whatever you call it), pull his truck over, and scan all the packages as delivered. Honestly, sometimes it would be more than 8 hours between the time it showed up as delivered and the time it actually showed up on my porch. The one we have now doesn't do that. Maybe our old one got transfered to your area.

Hope it shows up soon.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Aw, man - that sucks big time. I would wait to see if someone will go bring it back. Chances are the people have no idea what a Kindle is, and probably won't bother looking it up. At least, everyone I know had no idea what it was.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
UPS should give you information on how to submit a claim.  I think then it falls back on the driver to confirm where he dropped the package off.

We get a lot of packages.  We starting getting some packages for the house one block over, with the same house number.  The first time it happened, it was a UPS package dropped off on a Friday night.  I called the people so they could come get it from us.  I knew if it was me, I would have been upset all weekend if my item showed delivered, but was not here.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am now waiting for a personal phone call from UPS according to  "Tier 2" Customer Support at Amazon.  The official word is that I have to wait for four business days before Amazon will send me a replacement Kindle DX.  You can bet I will call them back on Thursday morning and insist the replacement be sent. My husband already checked all the front porches in our neighborhood with no luck.  Thanks for your good wishes.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.
luvshihtzu

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I am so sorry. I hope you will have this solved soon. I wish Amazon would send you a replacement sooner. Did you ever talk to a  supervisor? I was happy I was home the day my DX was delivered. I kept watch out the window. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm sorry you are going through this.  I was worried about this exact thing even though my kids are home on summer vacation I don't trust them to pay attention if something is delivered.  I was lucky and was able to ship it to my work address.  Hope you hear from UPS soon. :(

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Oh my goodness.I would be mortified.
I do hope this gets straightened out,and your KDX gets to you soon.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
loveshitzu--

hope you get good news tomorrow!  How frustrating and disappointing!

We also had a UPS guy who would scan in all his deliveries t once and then deliver them later.  Totally against policy, but perhaps that was what happened to yours!  Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Betsy

1 - 20 of 85 Posts