Kindle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My K2 has arrived, today.  It's charging and all of the free stuff/samples have downloaded, that was quick.  I'm waiting for my cover.  I ordered the Tuff-Luv Napa Leather case cover (Book Style).  I liked the look of the cover, so no skin for me.

I've been reading this board and some of the free sites for the last week, 'til I was busting the seams waiting for my K2.

I can wait to start reading tomorrow.  I got the Blackhawks on late tonight, so I won't be reading tonight unfortunately.

Looking forward to more posting and thanks to all for sharing so much info.

AJ

·
Registered
117 Posts
Congratulations!

How long did it take from the time you ordered to the time it arrived?
I'm trying to gauge when to order so that I can be between trips when it comes. The way that Amazon sometimes procrastinates- I don't want to order it and then it gets delayed so long with the free shipping that I'm gone and it disappears after delivery and before I get home.

Have you had the time to buy your first book yet? What was it?

I just ordered my cover today!

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Blade! Congratulations on the new K2. There are a couple of places here at KindleBoards you should check out for ideas on reading material. First is The Book Corner. Lots of stuff here including book Klubs, books Recommended by our Members and additional sites for Book Lovers. Then there is the Book Bazaar. This is where the many authors who are board members post about their books. It is also where you will find Bargain Books and Free Books!
Be sure to read the FAQ section and if you still have questions try Tips, Tricks and TroubleShooting. Still have a question? Ask away! Lots of very knowledgable people here at KindleBoards, someone will know the answer or where to find it. Then there is Let's Talk Kindle for all related discusion.
Finally, look at the Accessories area. You may change your mind about the skins, after reading some of these posts and there are ideas for screen protectors, bags, book lights and many other things.
Hope you love your Kindle and continue to enjoy KindleBoards!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Flower,

I ordered it on May 3, free shipping. 6 days.

My first $ book will probably be: Monster Island: A Zombie Novel by David Wellington.  I love reading zombie books.  First, I'm going to read some of the freebies.

AJ

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
intinst,

I've looked at the skins and none of them appealed to me. I thought that with the cover I bought I wouldn't need a skin.

Yes, the Accessories area has some good stuff.

Thanks for the heads-up on Book Bazaar.

AJ

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Congratulations, blade!  Hope you get many hours of enjoyment from your new toy!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Welcome!!  Hope all is going well with you and that new Kindle.  You'll find that it doesn't take long at all to realize that reading on your Kindle is simply amazing.  You'll wonder how you ever did without it.  I read a DTB from the library this last week because it wasn't available for the Kindle.... and it only took about two hours before my eyes were starting to bother me.  My eyes never get tired from reading on my Kindle... no matter how long I read.  Also, I was reading at night and had to use a book light.  My light works perfectly with my Kindle since it only has to illuminate the screen.  Trying to get good light for both pages of the DTB was about impossible.  Enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
PraiseGod13 said:
Welcome!! Hope all is going well with you and that new Kindle. You'll find that it doesn't take long at all to realize that reading on your Kindle is simply amazing. You'll wonder how you ever did without it. I read a DTB from the library this last week because it wasn't available for the Kindle.... and it only took about two hours before my eyes were starting to bother me. My eyes never get tired from reading on my Kindle... no matter how long I read. Also, I was reading at night and had to use a book light. My light works perfectly with my Kindle since it only has to illuminate the screen. Trying to get good light for both pages of the DTB was about impossible. Enjoy!!!!
This was a major reason why I stopped reading books. It was such a hassle trying to read at night and on my bus/train. Books were bulky, I read alot of hardcovers. Many years ago, I wished that I could just read some sort of a device. Now I can. I love my K2, so far. I just wish that they had more of the books that I enjoy reading.

Later,
AJ

1 - 18 of 18 Posts