Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was my 2nd Wedding Anniversary and my husband surprised me with an iPod Touch! Of course I had to download the Kindle app and I must say it's quite nice. I don't think I could read on the Touch's small screen for an extended period though-but I still love it! ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Congratulations on your anniversary and congratulations your new toy! Have fun with it...

L

·
Registered
711 Posts
Enjoy! I got my hubby an iPod Touch for Father's Day.  (I tried to persuade him he needed the Kindle DX for his sheet music, but....it didn't work).

I came to these boards this morning to look for favorite iPod Touch apps and, voila! I find your thread and, just above your thread is one on favorite apps.  I love this board!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Wellll - you will probably use it more than you think.  You will carry it all the time, and if you don't have your kindle with you can keep up with your current read.

Happy Anniversary!  What did you give your DH?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
My 2 year anniversary was yesterday, wierd

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure why it was moved since I was talking about the Kindle app for the Ipod Touch. Oh well.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Congrats on your iPod Touch.They are great.

Question about the Kindle App ... can it sync with the Kindle's so you can go directly to the spot that you left off in a book from both the iPod and the Kindle??

I hope that made sense  ;D

·
Registered
918 Posts
Sugar said:

Question about the Kindle App ... can it sync with the Kindle's so you can go directly to the spot that you left off in a book from both the iPod and the Kindle??

I hope that made sense ;D
Yes, Sugar, I think it can. Whispersync or something like that.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Sugar said:

I hope that made sense ;D
yes, you just have to have syncing turned on which you can do on your amazon account page

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
... and you have to have WhisperNet turned on on your Kindle when you are done reading so Amazon will know where you ended, and then wi-fi on on your iPod, so it can find out from Amazon how far you go on your Kindle.

And vice-versa.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
Happy Anniversary and Congratulations.  Enjoy the toy!

I've thought about buying an ipod touch, since I could care less about the iphone.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Rasputina said:
That is the one thing I love about the iphone, it always has internet.
Thats the thing that I love about Kindle WN compared to the Itouch needing wifi. I would love if my Itouch had WN like the kindle does.

I guess I could get the Iphone....hmmm.

I think this is heading somewhere not good for my wallet!

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
koolmnbv said:
Thats the thing that I love about Kindle WN compared to the Itouch needing wifi. I would love if my Itouch had WN like the kindle does.

I guess I could get the Iphone....hmmm.

I think this is heading somewhere not good for my wallet!
An iPod Touch with WN exists-it's called the iPhone :)

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
NYCKindleFan said:
An iPod Touch with WN exists-it's called the iPhone :)
LOL, that's why I said I could get the Iphone but then thats just trouble for my wallet.

I would also need to cancel my contract with sprint etc. But I would love the iphone, maybe soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
I'm with Sprint too! Very happy. I could never get the iPhone. I need a physical keyboard on my phone because I text so much...LOL

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
NYCKindleFan said:
I'm with Sprint too! Very happy. I could never get the iPhone. I need a physical keyboard on my phone because I text so much...LOL
I love sprint also. I have often thought how I would not be able to get used to texting on the touchscreen.

I have a palm centro and I love the way it has the texts set into a chat type log and of course the physical keyboard.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts