Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered on May 12th, it was not a stock item in this orange color and had to be made to order. It was well worth waiting for - soft and luxurious feeling and the Kindle 2 is well protected with the rail system.

Pictures below were taken in bright sunlight and the color looks quite accurate on my monitor - not a bright orange but more like a 'pumpkin' color. I really like it! It is pictured with my current skin, Disarray by Decalgirl.

·
Registered
921 Posts
DD said:
Ordered on May 12th, it was not a stock item in this orange color and had to be made to order. It was well worth waiting for - soft and luxurious feeling and the Kindle 2 is well protected with the rail system.

Pictures below were taken in bright sunlight and the color looks quite accurate on my monitor - not a bright orange but more like a 'pumpkin' color. I really like it! It is pictured with my current skin, Disarray by Decalgirl.
Very nice DD. 8) Let me know how you like the smooth leather. I love the color just not crazy about smooth leather. I guess I'm just too hard on something so smooth like that. I guess if I scratched it up, I'd just consider it well used. And I'm glad it's not a bright orange.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kevin63 said:
Very nice DD. 8) Let me know how you like the smooth leather. I love the color just not crazy about smooth leather. I guess I'm just too hard on something so smooth like that. I guess if I scratched it up, I'd just consider it well used. And I'm glad it's not a bright orange.
Thanks, Patrizia. I'm getting up there in covers - 4 for K2 and 1 for K1. I've had others but either sold them off or gave them away. I currently have for K2: Purple ROH, Orange Noreve, revamped Amazon turquoise faux snake, revamped Amazon hot pink lambskin (which I'm still working on). For K1, I have the M-edge Leather Executive in Pebbled Saddle.
Plus, I have multiple color coordinated Vera Bradley bags. I would think I needed help but I seem to have plenty of company here!

Kevin, the leather is smooth and soft to the feel, but actually pretty sturdy; not like nu-buck leather that shows every mark. I took my fingernail and tried to scratch it a little and it made no mark. I put a drop of water on it and wiped it off and it does not soak in. It will be my "dressy" cover, though, just because of the lighter color.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BK said:
Beautiful combination! Your Kindle is now on the "Best-Dressed" list!
Thanks, BK. Is "BK" short for Mr. "B"lac"K"well? :D

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kevindorsey said:
I'm going to have to be negative here. Bad combo IMO.
Well, to each his own. Intense colors are not for everyone. Me, I'm a 'colorful' kind of girl. :D

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
DD the combo is very nicely coordinated. . . .  .though I'm not an 'orange' girl. . . .it makes my skin look jaundiced.  :D

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
DD said:

I'm not an orange person either, but I think they work very nicely together. I've got a Noreve too and I love it!

patrickb said:
How is the Kindle actually held into the cover?
It slides into the rails (on top, bottom and right hand edge) and is held very securely by them. I shook mine pretty hard (over my bed) and it didn't budge at all. Gives a very clean, floating look w/out the use of Velcro.

·
Registered
102 Posts
How easily does it slide in and out of the rail system?

I tend to take mine in and out of the cover often.
I like reading out of the cover but use the cover to take outside or in my purse.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
sbell1 said:
How easily does it slide in and out of the rail system?

I tend to take mine in and out of the cover often.
I like reading out of the cover but use the cover to take outside or in my purse.
In my opinion it slides in/out pretty easily. I keep mine in the cover most of the time though.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's a picture of the inside without the Kindle. I wouldn't say it was easy to get it in the first time but I've put it in and out a couple times since and it gets easier - mostly because I learned the best way to hold it to push it in or out.

It really holds the Kindle very securely - no chance of slipping out and the front and back of the cover is very well padded.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Congrats DD!  I absolutely love my Noreve cover as well!  I can't imagine ever going back to corners and won't consider velcro... the rail system is so innovative, secure, and attractive.

I have to say I love the orange, so glad that it's not neon!  I have this cover in Ocean Blue, which I would describe as a deep stonewash denim color.  They have a great palette there!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hmm, how is it held when you flip the cover around though? What actually grips it? Just a general tight fit?
This really seems kind of like the Stylz system (while the nicest cover I owned in terms of quality for the K1 [compared to Oberon, M-Edge, Amazon]) which held the K1 pretty terribly.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
patrickb said:
Hmm, how is it held when you flip the cover around though? What actually grips it? Just a general tight fit?
This really seems kind of like the Stylz system (while the nicest cover I owned in terms of quality for the K1 [compared to Oberon, M-Edge, Amazon]) which held the K1 pretty terribly.
Yes, it is tightly held. The rails are slightly curved around the edge of the Kindle and they grip it. I would say it's impossible for it to slide out accidentally. I turned it every which way, even upside down and face down and shook it (over my bed, of course) and it doesn't budge. The fit is so tight that the first time I put it in I thought the thing wasn't going to fit. It got easier the next time because I discovered how to hold it and where to apply pressure to push it in.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The back inside of the cover is a very grippy rubbery material, and along with the "rails" along the edge you end up with a very secure, "floating" Kindle. :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts