Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my Oberon collection-my Roof of Heaven Kindle cover in purple, my Forest journal in green and my new Celtic Oak card holder in fern. Love the card holder although I guess it will take awhile before it wants to close all the way. :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
So beautiful! I wanna get a journal. How's the template?

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Those colors are beautiful, so rich and deep!

I've been so tempted to get a card holder to match my K2 cover. One thing that was holding me back is that I know I'd want a teensy matching BB too, which is just silly (how impractical would THAT be, fumbling through two layers to get out business cards!), but I really like things to match and the asymmetry of having a red dragon K2 cover encased in its beautiful dragon-fabric BB and then a red dragon card case BB-less would bug me. ::) Weird, I know.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Beautiful items, NYC.  I have the cardholder in green hokaisu (?) wave and love it.  One of these days I'm going to buy a journal.  I'm fixed right now on the navy H. Wave.  It covers more of the front than the kindle case does.

I keep my metrocard on top several cards on one side.  For years, I'd kept it in a holder from one of the museums.  Will see how this works out.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Susan in VA said:
Those colors are beautiful, so rich and deep!

I've been so tempted to get a card holder to match my K2 cover. One thing that was holding me back is that I know I'd want a teensy matching BB too, which is just silly (how impractical would THAT be, fumbling through two layers to get out business cards!), but I really like things to match and the asymmetry of having a red dragon K2 cover encased in its beautiful dragon-fabric BB and then a red dragon card case BB-less would bug me. ::) Weird, I know.
Just throw the card case in your BB travel or kindle bag or whatever other bag you use, or in jacket pocket. It's small and sturdy . . . doesn't need protection.

I don't keep business cards in mine. I have cards for museum and store memberships, health insurance, metrocard, etc. in it. I thought I might need two card holders, but one is fine for now. I use a small taxi wallet and all those cards don't fit into it.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
mlewis78 said:
Just throw the card case in your BB travel or kindle bag or whatever other bag you use, or in jacket pocket. It's small and sturdy . . . doesn't need protection.
You know, it probably would fit into the BB Kindle bag right along with the K2. Such an enabler you are. ;D

(It wasn't about protecting it; it was about my admittedly peculiar idea of not wanting one Oberon clothed in a BB and the other not.)

And keeping all the membership cards and such in one of those is a great idea; right now they clutter up my wallet too much. So if those don't all fit into one side of the case, with business cards on the other, I might have to get a second one.... :eek:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone! The journal is the small one. Fits in my purse and is just perfect! To those who have a card holder, is it meant to actually close? Mine wouldn't even bend at first-it was flat when I received it but after a night under something heavy it now bends but won't close all the way. Is it supposed to? Just wondering.

I keep my MetroCard and bank card on one side and some business cards (not my own) on the other. I love it!

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Susan in VA said:
You know, it probably would fit into the BB Kindle bag right along with the K2. Such an enabler you are. ;D

(It wasn't about protecting it; it was about my admittedly peculiar idea of not wanting one Oberon clothed in a BB and the other not.)

And keeping all the membership cards and such in one of those is a great idea; right now they clutter up my wallet too much. So if those don't all fit into one side of the case, with business cards on the other, I might have to get a second one.... :eek:
Good idea -- having two card cases if one doesn't hold them all. I have put my card case and taxi wallet into the front zipper section of the BB travel bag while the kindle was in the main section.

I haven't quite worked out how I'm going to use this bag yet, since I usually have to carry more than what it holds. Yesterday I used it for my small things but also had a tote holding my kindle in the BB kindle bag. I knew I'd be going food shopping after the Ballet, so I needed the big bag to hold the two food shopping bags I use.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
NYCKindleFan said:
Thanks everyone! The journal is the small one. Fits in my purse and is just perfect! To those who have a card holder, is it meant to actually close? Mine wouldn't even bend at first-it was flat when I received it but after a night under something heavy it now bends but won't close all the way. Is it supposed to? Just wondering.

I keep my MetroCard and bank card on one side and some business cards (not my own) on the other. I love it!
My card case folds over. Maybe you have more cards in yours than I do. We had the same idea about the metrocard.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mlewis78 said:
My card case folds over. Maybe you have more cards in yours than I do. We had the same idea about the metrocard.
No not really. bank card and metrocard on one side, 3 business cards on the other. It bends over now but doesn't lie flat. Not a big deal though! :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Can you easily see the lines on the template through the journal papers? I'd like to buy a journal, but I was worried about line template.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Jenni said:
Can you easily see the lines on the template through the journal papers? I'd like to buy a journal, but I was worried about line template.
This is a very good question, I forgot I was wondering that also.

Edit: Sorry just noticed you already answered that question right before I posted.

·
Registered
918 Posts
NYCKindleFan said:
I have no problem seeing the template. :)
Thanks. I might get one then. :)

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
mlewis78 said:
I haven't quite worked out how I'm going to use this bag yet, since I usually have to carry more than what it holds.
That's what stopped me from getting the travel bag; it just wouldn't work for me on most days. I have the regular Kindle bag, the with-cover one, and then drop that into whatever purse I'm carrying that day. My choice of purses is now dictated in part by whether the K will fit. :D

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
All are beautiful. When you decided to buy the Oberon cover you fell hard. lol I've wanted the card holder, but it doesn't seem like it holds that many. How many would it hold? I wanted it for business cards and I have to carry quite a few when I'm traveling. :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Beautiful collection!!

I hope to add an organizer and a purse to my K2 cover!!  Maybe a card holder too?!  Sigh .....

I LOVE Oberon's stuff!

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
I have admired the beauty of the Oberon line since I first discovered them here on KB.

I have a K2 and decided that I really liked the hinge on the Amazon cover. And then Medge came out with the Go that also had the hinge and I thought that I would settle for that. And I DO like it. And I DO still like the hinge.
But I really wanted anything from Oberon. Told myself not to. The saddle Tree of Life was too fancy and would attrack potential pilferage. But I really like it. And love any of the Celtic-style designs especially in the Wine.
I recently had the lucky opportunity to purchase a Navy Hokusai Wave, slightly used. It allowed me to rationalize the purchase (not full retail) and to help the seller find a good home for a no-longer needed item. And while I am still a little leery about not having the hinge, I find the corners to be working out just fine.
And I have an Oberon. In a color/pattern that does not draw undue attention.
But I have an Oberon.
Now I am hooked.
So I can openly say.....I love your collection.
And it "enables" me to think about how nice a matching Navy Hokusai Wave card case would look. And maybe a journal would be nice.

Just sayin......

1 - 20 of 52 Posts