Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my K2......I really do! The only real complaint I have about her is well...............she has too many books on her and I want to read all of them NOW......and I can't seem to read quick enough  :-\   

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
That is a problem..and if you hang around here it gets much, much worse. Whatever you do, DON'T go into the Bargain and Free Book threads...You'll have 30 pages worth of books and samples before you know it! :)

I know..you're going to anyway, but don't say I didn't warn you! ;)

·
Registered
723 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
That is a problem..and if you hang around here it gets much, much worse. Whatever you do, DON'T go into the Bargain and Free Book threads...You'll have 30 pages worth of books and samples before you know it! :)

I have yet to go there!

Eric

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Ya know it's funny, I have a bunch I want to read all at the same time. It's like when you go to the library and all your request books are in at the same time!

I have really tried to refrain from purchasing anything over $5 until I have finished reading what is on my Kindle currently. I have downloaded 2 samples of books that are best sellers, but at least those are free. So we shall see how long this lasts (I am thinking less than a week).

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Like my signature line says:
To buy books would be a good thing if we also could buy the time to read them. Arthur Schopenhauer 

·
Registered
599 Posts
I hear ya. Downloaded a couple of free books before my K2 arrived, but other than that and some samples, I'm not going to let myself buy a new book before I finish the one I'm on.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
I like to think of it as carrying a library in my Kindle.  Especially all the free and bargain books--I don't have to read them all--but they're there for me to choose from!

Betsy

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I have the same problem also. I have a lot of books on Champagne and not enough time to read them.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You know Betsy that's a really great way to look at it! And that way it doesn't make it seem like a chore to get through them all quick enough!  ;D

·
Registered
501 Posts
luvmy4brats said:

Woah! Been there! Then you add manybooks, feedbooks, gutenberg .... well, pretty soon you have a "Home" listing of 25 pages after 9 days of "Kindling!"

No one warned me about the dangerous level of addiction that the Kindle causes ........ :eek:

·
Registered
736 Posts
pomlover2586 said:
I love my K2......I really do! The only real complaint I have about her is well...............she has too many books on her and I want to read all of them NOW......and I can't seem to read quick enough :-\
My sentiments exactly. I find myself pleasantly distracted all the time checking out possible new books. This evening I downloaded even more sample chapters! I need to stay up all night reading......I felt asleep with my K2 and Mighty Bright the other night and my DH noticed and put K2 and me to bed!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've been pretty good about the sample books......I read them asap and then delete them and i'm being particularly careful and selective about which books I'm buying- who "whims" here.....trying to only buy books I really want to read. Freebies don't count though- if it sounds somewhat good and like I may eventually read it then I get it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.