Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys! I promised to start a separate thread for my experience with the upcoming 99-cent promo. Just a bit of a background. I'm a totally new author, just published with KDP Select a month ago. Even though my sales were literally one and maybe - if I'm lucky :p - two a day - I've got 8 5-star reviews on Amazon and 7 reviews on Goodreads (average rating) 4.87 stars. I write in the chick lit genre, me thinks. :p
Here is my schedule. I will update it daily and please feel free to comment and ask me any questions, if you like!

1. March 13-March 17 - fiverr, Desertgirl - nada yesterday, 1 sale today :(
2. March 15 - bknights - 4 sales so far
3. March 16 - SweetFreeBooks and Read Cheaply
4. March 19 - 30 day blog tour with Enchanted
5. March 22 - ebooksoda
6. March 23 - Kindle Books and Tips
6. April 7 - Buck Books

Meanwhile, I have two questions. How long does it take for the results after the promo to trickle in? You see them real-time on KDP chart, right?
I have no borrows, for some reason - is that normal? Maybe people don't read past 10%??? I don't think it's that boring, but then again - maybe it is :p

Thank you, guys! Loving this forum, btw!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Good for you. I didn't start promoting until 4 years after I published. lol.

As for borrows, Amazon can be slow to update. For some reason, I always get a boost overnight. No idea why.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Lisa! I tend to act a bit spastic :))) :p

Update!
2. March 15 - bknights - 7 sales + 1 paperback sale (not sure if the paperback sale was related to the promo though)
3. March 16 - SweetFreeBooks and Read Cheaply nothing so far :'(
5. March 21 - Booktastik
5. March 22 - ebooksoda
6. April 7 - Buck Books

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, Jerri Kay! (or is it just Jerri?) Just had one sale :). One -  :p. Still super excited though! Yes, I'm definitely going back to bknights :).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, Susan!  :-* I love your support, guys! It makes me feel like I'm not alone :). I got 3 sales total now. Hopefully, will get more in the evening. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sorry, Lena - didn't realise you'd already started this thread. I nearly missed it. Well done, so far. 8 sales in a day is nothing to sneeze at  :)

Good luck with the rest of it - I'll keep up with this thread now I've found it!

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
good luck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good morning, everyone! ;D And Happy St. Patrick's Day!!
Here is my update:

Update!
2. March 15 - bknights - 7 sales + 1 paperback sale (not sure if the paperback sale was related to the promo though)
3. March 16 - SweetFreeBooks and Read Cheaply 15 sales!! Woo-hoo! My biggest "prawny" jump so far. I attribute it to SweetFreebooks, because the sales started coming in right after their e-mail came out. IMHO - cool company to use for just 5 bucks.
5. March 21 - Booktastik
5. March 22 - ebooksoda
6. April 7 - Buck Books

I raised my novel back to 3.99 until the 21st. Yesterday, my rating was 15,823 and I was HAPPYYYYY! :p

Annabel, cinisajoy, SunshineOnMe - thank you very much for your support :))). Oh, btw, can someone tell me how I can tell what my rating is in the specific category? I can see that everyone on the forum has it in the stats, and I don't I just see my overall rating...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Fantastic Lena! So excited for you! If you've made it into the top 100 of any categories, it should list them further down the product page (as long as you're still in them - it updates all the time along with the sales ranking). You can also see all the categories the book's in down the bottom of the page, and go to those categories to see ranking.

Well done! :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update!
3. March 16 - SweetFreeBooks and Read Cheaply 15 sales!! Woo-hoo! My biggest "prawny" jump so far. I attribute it to SweetFreebooks, because the sales started coming in right after their e-mail came out. IMHO - cool company to use for just 5 bucks.
5. March 21 - Booktastik
5. March 22 - ebooksoda
6. April 7 - Buck Books
7. April 27 - Book Gorilla

Anyone had any experience with Book Gorilla?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hi, I run a 99 cent promo with sweetfree books and got 6 sales - no return of investment but happy; yesterday was my awesomegang 10 bucks promo and only 3 sales, one of them in Germany?. I asked for refund and they did though I had another promo scheduled on their site though Pretty Hot and I didn't know they were connected. I am now sorry I canceled it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Lena_Mikado said:
Update!
Anyone had any experience with Book Gorilla?
Yes, 3 times, and it was disappointing every time, I had sales but about half what I receive per $ advertising than other sites I use. I like the company but they either need to increase their subscriber base or reduce their costs and I won't used them again unless one or the other happens. Sorry to rain on your parade and well done on going for it. You can read as many threads/posts ahead of time, but there is absolutely no substitute for running your own test marketing campaign, finding out how different advertising lists work not only for your genre but for your specific books. You will have gained so much knowledge that you'll be able to use to great effect in the future. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts