Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The kindle I gave my sister as a gift is dead. This is what it shows even when we turn it off. What should I do now? :'(

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She hasn't used it for three days. I bought it from someone over here. I don't know if it's under warranty, probably not. She's really depressed.  :-\

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What should I tell them? Thanks you guys.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Do you know when it was originally purchased?  Chances are it is not a year old, and if so is still under warranty, I believe, even though you bought it used.  They (Amazon) should be able to tell you based on it's serial number if you can't get that info from the person who you bought it from.  With luck they'll send you a replacement for free. 

It probably really is broken, but before you call be sure you've charged it fully and done a hard reset with the paperclip in the hole in back.  At least you want to be able to say you tried that before calling them.  And be honest:  tell 'em you loved your Kindle, and you got a used one for sis and she loves it and is devastated that it's broken.  I expect they'll take care of you.

Ann

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Oh that is a bummer. If you bought it here, it is probably still under warranty. Mine was only 6 months old when I finally decided I needed the K2. Good luck.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
So very very sorry to hear about this.  Please let us know how it turns out.
deb

·
Registered
321 Posts
I purchased a used one from ebay and it started freezing and stuff after a couple of days.  They (Amazon) looked up the serial number and it was under warranty.  They sent me a new one with no questions.  Good luck!  Hope it is still under warranty.

I did tell them I got it from ebay

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Have you contacted the person you bought it from, not that they are responsible.  But I think they would know if it is still under warranty.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, I emailed the guy who sold it to me. And it's still under warranty! Yey! He was nice enough to send me the invoice when he purchased it. I'll be calling CS asap. Thanks guys!  ;D

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know if the person knew what he was talking about but he said he can't do anything since I didn't buy it from amazon and that the person who sold it to me should be the one calling them. Should I call again?

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
People who bought theirs from e-bay have had theirs replaced.  I don't think they know what they're talking about.  Call again.
deb

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay, I sent an email to CS and I'm going to try calling again.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Use the 'call me back' option. . . .you'll get a faster response, I bet.

Ann

1 - 20 of 36 Posts