1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things that have happened to me today:

1. I'm in the top 10 of Movers and Shakers in the Kindle Store
2. I have two books ranked above 1000
3. I got an email from an agent asking if I have representation and if not, if I'd be interested in the possibility.

When I went to bed last night, I had sold 650-ish books for the month. Not bad, but not mind blowing either. I wasn't even sure if I was going to make enough money this month from Amazon to pay for a full month's living expenses (last month is going to pay for 3 months and pay off my car, so I wasn't particularly freaked out, but I was a little bummed).

Right now, I have sold 1336 books for the month. My number of books doubled in one day.

And I have no idea why any of this happened.

But this is freaking awesome.

A day can make a huge difference in this business. I know that writing books is scary, uncertain, and full of risks. I know that I can't count on a certain salary and that I can't count on stability of any kind. But man is it cool that every day there's the possibility that everything can change for the better. And when it does... whoa.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
It feels a bit like every day that you have a book out, you're holding a potential lottery ticket.

Looks like your number came in. Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Congratulations! Keep breathing and please, please think carefully before you say yes to anything. These kind of days can be awesome, but they can also lead you into situations you may regret.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Two books in the top 1000 in phenomenal. Congrats.

So many authors on here crushing the charts at the moment. It's crazy.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts