1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things that have happened to me today:

1. I'm in the top 10 of Movers and Shakers in the Kindle Store
2. I have two books ranked above 1000
3. I got an email from an agent asking if I have representation and if not, if I'd be interested in the possibility.

When I went to bed last night, I had sold 650-ish books for the month. Not bad, but not mind blowing either. I wasn't even sure if I was going to make enough money this month from Amazon to pay for a full month's living expenses (last month is going to pay for 3 months and pay off my car, so I wasn't particularly freaked out, but I was a little bummed).

Right now, I have sold 1336 books for the month. My number of books doubled in one day.

And I have no idea why any of this happened.

But this is freaking awesome.

A day can make a huge difference in this business. I know that writing books is scary, uncertain, and full of risks. I know that I can't count on a certain salary and that I can't count on stability of any kind. But man is it cool that every day there's the possibility that everything can change for the better. And when it does... whoa.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.